Off road area in Oxford Ohio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off road area in Oxford Ohio

Hey I was told about a place in Oxford to go wheeling by a guy at work. never knew there was such a place in Oxford?..so I had to check it out and it turns out its a really cool place we only wheeled for about 4 hours but there is tons more tails to be run. we had a blast I will post up some vids..so far it is about the same terrain as haspin for the most part. they charge $10.00 it has mild and some fairly tough stuff. we only covered small portion of the trails.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVM6EsBD-rs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4Djo2BaTr8

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...17166&t=h&z=17
    Last edited by comanchedude; 05-31-2010, 11:28 PM. Reason: add map pic
    just don’t get stupid and stick a Chevy engine in your Jeep. Man I hate that

it was very small when i checked it out a few years back.
    sigpic

Comment

is this the olf white cross fram??

Comment

Went there YEARS ago, it was alright, tight trails. A buddy flopped his XJ there on that trip...

I'm sure it has changed & we did not see that ledge in the video while we were there.

Comment

I would totally like to check this place out on the quads. What is the deal there? Is it an actual offroad park? How big or small is it? like in acres???
          The Hummer Club Inc.
          Director - Events Planning/Ambassador Program
          Eric@TheHummerClubInc.com
          www.thehummerclubinc.com

Comment

Originally posted by HumminNBoatin View Post
            I would totally like to check this place out on the quads. What is the deal there? Is it an actual offroad park? How big or small is it? like in acres???
            Dont know how big it is for sure yet, the person who took the money claimed it was 250 acres of trails he also said 60 miles of trails?? maybe he ment there was 60 trails ?..that I can see on the map. I have the google map link above so you can view the area. I wheeled at DTOR couple weeks ago and found the trails their to be much tighter compaired to this place. but all this is subjective of course. it seems faily large area. but it is another place to wheel and very close to me , like 15 min or so. thats a big deal for me and I will go back in couple weeks as we had tons of fun and it seems like there are hours of trails there. on my way out I did meet a group of guys with trailered jeeps that just arrived, they tell me I only scrached the suface and they told me about many trails ,climbs and mud holes that we didnt get to yet. bottom line we liked it and will go back .you just go there and drive back the road to the clearing and there is a house and barns. you pay them $10.00 and go wheeling. just a private wheeling area that from what I understand has been in use for over 15 years. its about 4 miles out of Oxford on 732, on the right side of the road, right at the county sign.

Comment

it is white cross farms.
              sigpic

Comment

I would like to check it out let me know when you are going back
                86 Ford Bronco

Comment

Stay out of the fields! (lol)

When you go back let me know; if I can trailer my Jeep over (no tags), I'll come along.

Comment

Originally posted by jfiscus View Post
                    Stay out of the fields! (lol)

When you go back let me know; if I can trailer my Jeep over (no tags), I'll come along.
                    I am in as well, I am in Middletown also. I have went to school at Oxford (by school I mean getting Drunk off my arse 24/7 for a couple semesters!!!!) and never heard of it?

Comment

so do you just show up and there is someone there all the time or do you need to call someone?

Comment

yeah last time I heard about it you had to call and set it up is it still that way?
                        86 Ford Bronco

Comment

Originally posted by SixFtUnd View Post
                          yeah last time I heard about it you had to call and set it up is it still that way?
                          The guy there said they are there 7 days a week and you can come anytime.
                          you have to be out before dark, also the guys I talked to that day said they come up durring the week and run. so with that I have to say you can go any day any time. no calls requierd.

Comment

its been awhile since i been there,but i cruised over in my xj and scouted it out alittle to see if it looked to be worth draggin the trail rigs over on trailers. even back then i thot it looked like it would be a good time. i followed some kids on quads for a little while but decided to not go too far in since there were no othre trucks there at the time.

that creek in the videos definately looked sweet. this hill was cool,too,tho the pic doesnt do it justice:

the line to the left was a real steep ledge at the bottom,idk if it was even doable,lol. the line to the right might be doable if you arent afraid to run over some small trees ;)

and a couple other that are still up on my photo bucket

ill go fo sho if its open again. if nothin else its close and somewhere different.
                            scotty

85 grand wagoneer(whats left of it)
                            77 scout II truggy
                            84 chevy "home made crewcab"

Delightfully Tacky,Yet Unrefined

Comment

are the crosses still up to mark the driveway?
                              scotty

85 grand wagoneer(whats left of it)
                              77 scout II truggy
                              84 chevy "home made crewcab"

Delightfully Tacky,Yet Unrefined

Comment

Working...
                              X