Harlan, who is staying where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just a reminder..you now have to pay to camp on the park. $10 a night
    95 yj, fresh fuel injected 302, c-6, twin sticked 205, 3 linked high pinion d60 front, double trianulated 4 linked 14 bolt rear (all aluminum links) locked both ends, 4:56 gears, full hydro steering, high steer, 4 wheel discs, 16" 2.5 fox air shocks, 39.5" irok's. just finishing a full frame-up redo thanks to a great friend and one knowledgable(sp?) s.o.b casey cravens for without him this could not have been done in such a short time and done right!

LOOK OUT "WHITEY" HERE I COME!!!

Comment

I found a room to squeeze into at the Black Mountain cabins, and we are staying friday evening through monday morning.

Comment

Originally posted by boomhauer View Post
        just a reminder..you now have to pay to camp on the park. $10 a night
        You have to pay to camp inside the park now. When did that change? Even entering on the Everts side?

Comment

Are they still doing the permit system or did that go by the wayside?
          I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

According to the website, yes.

Permit Fees

Our permitting system uses a decal that must be placed on the vehicle in a clearly visible location. Permits can be purchased for a period of one year, or for 31 days.

Yearly Permits (One Per Vehicle)
            --------------------------------------------------------------------------
            One permit: $35
            (Family Discount): Second permit = $30
            (Family Discount): Each additional permit = $20
            31-Day Permits (One Per Vehicle)
            Each permit: $20

Multi-Vehicle Permits
            (Register as many vehicles as you want on one permit. Affix the decal to a placard and ride a different vehicle each visit on the same permit.)
            Yearly Permit: $40
            31-Day Permit: $25

Comment

If you guys are going down during southern shine weekend, Me and some guys have a cabin rented on the Putney side near the restrooms. Looking forward to meeting some people to wheel with.
              86 Sami buggy, Locked, CJ/RUF with missing links, Polaris Predator Carb, Yota powersteering and axles, 36's

Comment

yes you have to pay to camp anywhere on the park now. verified this a couple of weeks ago when i was thinking of going down. $10 a night. even if you have a permit!
                95 yj, fresh fuel injected 302, c-6, twin sticked 205, 3 linked high pinion d60 front, double trianulated 4 linked 14 bolt rear (all aluminum links) locked both ends, 4:56 gears, full hydro steering, high steer, 4 wheel discs, 16" 2.5 fox air shocks, 39.5" irok's. just finishing a full frame-up redo thanks to a great friend and one knowledgable(sp?) s.o.b casey cravens for without him this could not have been done in such a short time and done right!

LOOK OUT "WHITEY" HERE I COME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by boomhauer View Post
                  yes you have to pay to camp anywhere on the park now. verified this a couple of weeks ago when i was thinking of going down. $10 a night. even if you have a permit!
                  Is that per person per night? I can't believe they are charging $10 to sleep on dirt with no facilities. That's BS! At least Putney has bathrooms and showers for the money paid. We stayed in Putney last year and it seemed like it took forever to get to the good stuff on the Evarts side. If you break on the Evarts side, getting back to Putney would suck.

Comment

we went down to fall crawl and it was way better since they started charging for the pemits . They used the money to add signs on the trails and made better maps now too...They are usign the money to good use to take care of the trail system...
                    I have stayed on both sides now. Everts seems easier to get in and out of plus we stayed at the gas station cabins..they serve breakfast starting at 3:30 am best food in town at the gas station... ( they told us they stole the cooks and her sisters that worked down at the place there in town) now it sucks for service.....
                    :mad:
                    I recommend if you want to camp everts side just do it at the trail head there, big open area to camp just pasted the check in station....
                    primitive field and all but flat....
                    Thanks,
                    67fastback

-------------
                    84 Honda cr60r - for sale
                    87 Honda 200sx - for sale
                    67 Mustang fastback - under restoration MCA #63430
                    04 Silverado 2500 crew cab
                    87 sami - "SPLAT"
                    87 sami tin top - "Blue Fire"
                    88 sami - "Squirt"

My New Video Channel -http://www.youtube.com/PhillbillyProduction

My Video Channel - http://www.youtube.com/justworkn

Comment

Glad to hear the permit system is working and they're getting money needed to do maintenance. Need to do what we can to keep places open.
                      I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

Originally posted by tjjeepjeep View Post
                        Glad to hear the permit system is working and they're getting money needed to do maintenance. Need to do what we can to keep places open.
                        I agree, but if they are going to charge for primative camping in the park itself, then they could at least have porta-lets or something like the Putney trail head does. We were there last fall and didn't have to pay to camp in the park from the Evarts side. We camped a top railbed so maybe that's why. I guess we will find out.

Comment

Ok.. so who is in!?? I think I am going to go down that Thursday so i will try to section off a spot for everyone... for those who dont know my rig and new tow rig i will post pics so you know its me..... would like to have a idea of how much space i need to retain.
                          Attached Files
                          Dont look @ me in that tone of voice or I WILL PUNCH YOU IN THE SHIRT! :mad:

Comment

when is this going on??? i'd be down
                            80hp of fury!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wheelin678 View Post
                              when is this going on??? i'd be down
                              leaving next thursday.. will be there thursday to monday
                              Dont look @ me in that tone of voice or I WILL PUNCH YOU IN THE SHIRT! :mad:

Comment

ill be there....whoever it was that lives in ross.....i live right down on crosby off 128

my rig
                                80hp of fury!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X