No announcement yet.

Core Badlands run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here we go...We had a good crowd (though some were rowdy): Eric & Brandy in his truggy. Scott Pater w/Matt shotgun in his Sami. Scott & Kim McMahon in a Sami. Scott Armstrong w/Jamie shotgun in his Sami. Dan N. in his Sami. John (lilbluexj) w/Jon (scarface) shotgun in his XJ. Scott & I in my TJ. (Waaayy too many Scott’s.) Saturday we did a portion of the green trail first. Went to the quarry for a bit, did a bunch of stuff there. Then watched Dan try to figure out why his right front tire wouldn’t spin. After that we moved to the orange trail. Lots of great stuff there. Jim rolled in with his rig and Brody rolled in with his sometime around 3pm Saturday afternoon due to some tire issues. Scott Armstrong contributed to afternoon entertainment with an incident on mini dirt bike at camp (see pic).

Looks like we get our first stuck sticker. Got stuck at the end of the green trail on some extremely uncooperative rocks. Thankfully I had a friendly Sami (Armstrong) pull me out (of which I have no doubt I will never hear the end of).

Park closes at 5p. Went to dinner, then went back to camp. Turns out we brought along a redneck for entertainment that kept us all entertained for quite a while. At some point, everyone decided it was way too cold to camp, and decided on motels for the night.

Sunday dawned (though I didn’t see it through the curtains of the motel). Jamie, John, Jon didn’t stick around for the fun. Scott McMahon & Kim rode shotgun with Dan & Armstrong, respectively, due to vehicle. Shortly after we left camp we found a mud bog on the orange trail that grabbed hold of every vehicle but Jim’s (swear that rig looked like it was just doing the back stroke around in the mud) and Pater’s. I think that the majority getting stuck nullifies any stuck sticker awards. Mere words cannot do justice to describe this chain of events of who got stuck, when they were stuck and why the got stuck in the first place (or second in some cases). Come to the meeting, it’ll be worth the trip to hear this. Then more trails, rocks, creeks, sand dunes. All in all, a great time and I’m looking forward to going back. The quarry in itself is worth the trip for me. Rocks are, for me, the only way to play.

End of the run:
    McMahon - possible front locker and the rear drive shaft flange
    Dan - possible front locker and light on trailer (that’s another story)
    Pater - with all his welding skills he created a Lincoln limited slip
    Eric – front brake rotor on the Rockwell
    John - passenger door
    Last edited by tjjeepjeep; 04-01-2008, 06:46 AM.
    I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

Here's a link to my photo bucket album of pictures http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/a...hing/Badlands/
      I believe this will be our finest hour

Comment

I pretty much lost a mirror on the passenger side that came in to close of contact with a tree and ripped a door hinge off somehow on the passenger door. (not that it wasn't already having problems or anything )

More pictures added to the gallery. Thanks Jon and Scott for the pictures. They look great!
        Last edited by Rubi06; 04-01-2008, 12:22 AM.
        2006 Chevy Tahoe Z71
        2010 Harley Street Glide

Comment

Somethings just not right here..:confused:
          Attached Files
          2006 Chevy Tahoe Z71
          2010 Harley Street Glide

Comment

I love the new suicide door mod to the jeep John! Man I wish I could have made it!! I will get to haspin this weekend even though it is no badlands! You should come!
            '84 Cherokee body welded to an '86 Blazer frame , fuel injected 350, 700r4 trans, np208 t-case, 44 front and a welded 14 bolt in the rear on 35" boggers, radiator in the rear, and a full cage

Comment

What is it about scotts sami (dodgetruggy) that I never see pic's of it?:confused:

Comment

its in several of my pictures, grey little piece of junk
                I believe this will be our finest hour

Comment

Yeah it's a great look... Now if that's what built it to do i probably wouln't mind it so much. Which while i'm thinking about it I am looking for some help with repairing the hinge on the door back to the vehicle before next months trip comes around. I'd like removable doors but not by means of it flatout falling off. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
                  2006 Chevy Tahoe Z71
                  2010 Harley Street Glide

Comment

Working...
                  X