No announcement yet.

Please vote for me!! Top Truck 2010 #11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And I'm damn happy I'm getting a chance to tag along..

Jeff

Comment

• You cutting the tires a bit for better bite? Looks great! Good luck at the challenge!
      sigpic

Comment

• That would be kickin to be able to go. Do you need another wench (note spelling) to go? ha

Be sure to keep us updated and take pics.
        I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

• Some awesome sway bar install happened past couple nights, all Brad's brainchild. It looks like it was there since the thing was built... thanks man.

Comment

• No need to cut the tires I don't think. They hook up pretty well. Will see i guess.

Finished up the rear steering carriage last night. I must say that I'm very happy with it. shouldn't go anywhere. the tube is .250 wall and the plate is .375. Beef.

Keyed the steering ram mounts, in case those bolts decide to loosen at all...

Comment

• Mickey Thompson sends out 46's to those on 1-tons, and 54's to the Rockwell guys... I don't care if you're a fan of MT, or Baja Claws or not... "free" tires to all the competitors for this event (even naming the 54's "Baja Claw TTC") put MT pretty high on my "That's Fu***n' Awesome" list...

The 54's were new last year with an improved tread over the few-year-old 46 design... Those guys running the 46's seem to be cutting, those running 54's... not so much.

I'm honored to be in the passenger seat (you better believe that I'll jump with one simple "out" from CW...)

Words cannot describe my excitement.

The new fab on the rear steer is sick. Pics just don't do it justice.
              brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
              Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

• This tire in this size works. The 46 does not. It's not even really the same tire. If i had fears of it not performing, I wouldn't be running them, that's for sure. Now that I have been moving them around the shop for two weeks, they really aren't that big anymore to me. They feel like a 44 to me, i dunno.

We will do our best to keep you in the rig at all times Brad...

Thanks for the props on the rear axle steering fab, i'm beyond happy with it. It's one of my most favorite creations now.

Comment

• Originally posted by carwash View Post
                  Finished up the rear steering carriage last night. I must say that I'm very happy with it. shouldn't go anywhere. the tube is .250 wall and the plate is .375. Beef.
                  Jay-sus. That axle looks like it weighs most of what my whole rig would...

That's a whole different class of "big dogs" that you're running with.

Pretty impressive, man.

Good luck with it!

Robert
                  DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
                  Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

• that axle is probably 700 pounds or so... add 209# per tire and probably 50# per wheel, and i have about 2000 pounds unsprung weight at each end...

Comment

• Just try to make sure you have time to do some test runs and get some practice in, especially with the rear steer. I've watched every TTC on video there is and it's pretty obvious, at least to me, the guys who have a decent amount of seat time in the current setup on the rigs and those who don't.

Comment

• Won't get much rear steer seat time... sucks but it is what it is. but it's not like I have to use it. Need to be careful with it... a guy rolled in the tank trap last year due to lack of recentering, etc.

Comment

• are you going to run limiting straps? and when do you leave?

Comment

• yes running straps, just not here yet. needed new ones for new mounting point configuration.

leave on June 3rd, about 4-5am ish.

Comment

• Originally posted by carwash View Post
                              leave on June 3rd, about 4-5am ish.
                              tick tick tick
                              I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

• I will take care of the shop while you are out. No problem!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X