No announcement yet.

TTC question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I saw you throw your hands up and I was like not worth it. I can't imagine the stress to fix stuff on that type of a stage.

Did you even change tire PSI at all Mike?

Oh yeah was that TV annoying by the end of the week, straight in your face when you start or right in it when your done?
    88 XJ - 5" lift - 35" BFG's - Bumpers - Rock Rails - Homebrewed OBA - Roof Rack - Tube Doors - Trimmed - Dented

87 XJ - D44 - Disco D30 - 235's - 231TC - Stock for now

Comment

The "in your face" tv crews does get old, but that's what it's all about, without the dvd portion of this event, the event wouldn't happen. Problem is you start running out of **** to say, and look retarded, like i did a few times.

Comment

Originally posted by carwash View Post
        The "in your face" tv crews does get old, but that's what it's all about, without the dvd portion of this event, the event wouldn't happen. Problem is you start running out of **** to say, and look retarded, like i did a few times.
        CW running out of things to say? :confused: The tv crew must have really been annoying then!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RuffedUpXJ View Post
          Did you even change tire PSI at all Mike?
          We pretty much ran the same thing (5.5 lbs? x 4) in everything except the Tow test... We increased the rears more than 200%, but in hindsight... 12 lbs. wasn't enough.

If MT rumors are true, the T5 compound and sidebiter design should be out in a "smaller" size (mid-lower 40's) maybe next year... I certainly hope that is true... Those are some NICE all around tires.

I have a feeling that if they made a 16.5 version they would have trouble keeping stock...
          brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
          Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

The TTC claw in a mortal size of around 42 or 44 would be excellent. I'd pick up a set.

Comment

Finally watched mondays show. Mike you must have just been lucky and got the right line because those were some crazy holes.
              91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

lucky... thanks Tony.

Comment

I didnt mean that in a bad way but I bet as soon as it starts you just go. I wouldnt think you are really focusing too much on where you are going just going.
                  91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

true. we did do our best to avoid the big rocks...

Comment

Originally posted by KargoMaster View Post
                      My understanding is Driver only once per vehicle, Co-Driver all you want...
                      Doug Kahlstrom was a Driver last year (red Dodge) and was PJ's Co-driver this year in the Willys Buggy. I don't think that anyone has ever returned with a different rig as a Driver again, but the possibility exists if voted in by the readers.
                      Pretty sure it's unlimited in regards to the co-driver. I remember a guy from Pirate4x4 driving one year and being the co-driver at least 2 times in different years (once was for a buddy, the other for his wife).

Comment

It was some good driving by you Mike.

I bet the hill climb was a lot steeper than the video shows. And I thought they said if you lose forward momentum you were done but teams backed up a couple of times. I bet that was a fun ride.
                        88 XJ - 5" lift - 35" BFG's - Bumpers - Rock Rails - Homebrewed OBA - Roof Rack - Tube Doors - Trimmed - Dented

87 XJ - D44 - Disco D30 - 235's - 231TC - Stock for now

Comment

i heard they are looking into a rules infraction by carwash. apparantly he filled his tires with helium before the comp.... there is no possible way that 9400 lb rig of yours flew thru that fast without some help
                          my next rig will be on the trail before zuk 2.0 will

Comment

Originally posted by RuffedUpXJ View Post
                            It was some good driving by you Mike.

I bet the hill climb was a lot steeper than the video shows. And I thought they said if you lose forward momentum you were done but teams backed up a couple of times. I bet that was a fun ride.
                            Yeah, it's odd, seems the rules didn't apply for some teams, as long as it was making good video for the DVD, i dunno. There was some odd **** going on at times it seemed.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowjacket View Post
                              i heard they are looking into a rules infraction by carwash. apparantly he filled his tires with helium before the comp.... there is no possible way that 9400 lb rig of yours flew thru that fast without some help
                              You want some driving lessons Yellowfaggot?

Comment

Originally posted by carwash View Post
                                You want some driving lessons Yellowfaggot?
                                funny ****!!!
                                S10 with a few air shocks..

Comment

Working...
                                X