TTC question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yellowjacket View Post
    wow. you are putting a lot of work and thought into this...
    I've had some time to ponder the possibilities... yes. Worst part for me was the dreams during and just after the comp... I'm glad those are over. Let's just say that my mind was very focused on the competition.

...i didn't know that about the ag tires last year- did he just not want m/t's, or did the kubota dealer sponsor him or...? or is running m/t's gonna be mandatory next to even the feild out?

Dave "ROAD KILL 5.9" on Pirate was last years winner (over Brett Jerome by 1 point)... I think he just liked his setup the way it was... worked out well for him I think.. I can't imagine forcing MT's on everyone... That would be counter-productive and stupid. This years alternates had 44 Boggers and 54 Boggers...

...my favorite irony is tuff country as a sponsor.
    Yes, that's almost as ironic as a Rockwell rig running Superior and Tough Country stickers in the comp... Wait...

I liked Ryan's quote on Pirate... "Do you think Brett Farve only wears Wrangler Jeans?" Really guy?

One of the driving forces for this comp is always going to be the Return On Investment that the sponsors actually feel like they get (because it is hard to quantify). Good or bad...

In the end, TTC was a good time wheeling... (and the days that followed in JV were hard to compare to anything) possibly once in a lifetime for folks on this side of the country... I wouldn't change a thing...
    Last edited by KargoMaster; 10-29-2010, 03:32 PM.
    brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
    Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

do you hav to run slicky mickey baja claws because of sponsorship or what?
      SMITH BUILT PERIOD

Comment

Sooooooooooo I read next years event is possibly a Champions event. Any truth to this?
        91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

that be hard to do most people are constantly upgrading, selling building bigger and better. another thing fatgirl aint **** without TC! like knightrider without Micheal
          SMITH BUILT PERIOD

Comment

2012 will be the champions cup year, and no you don't have to run the rig you won it in. If so, some people would be in SUA cj's with 33's.... yeah right. My build has already started...

And please don't be a timmy cameron nut swinger... Leo drives the fat girl with even more reckless abandon that Tim ever did. That rig is pretty cool, but it's just another rig man... if you hung out with it for a week, it would be nothing more than another buddy's trail rig. That being said, Leo is a pretty cool guy, and I'm looking forward to wheeling with him again.

Comment

aint tryn hurt ur feelings but doubt he drives like tc! ur rite i like his Smith buggy better fatgirl aint **** to it! Nutswinger u spend to much time on pirate, thought couple people sucked u off on this thread!! so what about the slicky mickeys, why people running them?
              SMITH BUILT PERIOD

Comment

I'm not even sure how to respond, i don't really want to start a **** storm...

you doubt it why? cuz no one can possibly drive like (or maybe even better) than timmy cameron? Tim got crazy popular cuz he had some guys that followed him everywhere with video cameras and pasted it all on you tube. If you think no one can drive like him, then you haven't wheeled with that many throttle jockey people. I'm not doubting his wheeling ability, He's awesome for sure. I'm just saying he's not quite as god-like as everyone titles him. if you equate the term nutswinger with pirate, then you have been spending too much time there yourself. some expressions can exist outside of the pbb.

I didn't notice being sucked off in this thread, please elaborate.

People run the TTC Claw because it's an unreal tire, its the best tire in the 54" size, any less tire size is a loser at TTC, and to top it off, they give you a set if you want them. Not many turn them down.

Comment

calm down!! just rattling ur cage, I figured they would hav to giv competitors sets to get them to use them, just wasnt sure. be nice if you groove them ahead time!
                  SMITH BUILT PERIOD

Comment

Judging by what I have seen on tv, it seems like the Mickeys held some people up in the Tank Trap. It looked to me that they didnt clean out too well
                    91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

If tsl made 54s be sweet! Id run slicky mickeys to if they gave them to me but tsl way to go! Ur rite they do not clean or seem to get side bite
                      SMITH BUILT PERIOD

Comment

i have nothing to add to this discussion.
                        my next rig will be on the trail before zuk 2.0 will

Comment

Mine had no problems cleaning out... If I had to purchase a tire of that size, meaning 49 or larger, i'd go with thew claws. I think it's king in that size class... the side tread is unreal. It is a very soft compound and it held up amazingly well even in the super sharp rocks of the hammers.

And I agree, a TSL in a 54 would be freakin' awesome.

I will do my best to get another set of the claws for the champions cup...

Comment

wash- did you say you started another rig already.... ? you DO realize that the champion event is 2011 or 2012, right?

not 2015;)
                            my next rig will be on the trail before zuk 2.0 will

Comment

hahaha, and you guys are going to kill the bender thread now.... i love this forum when he weather changes.... nothing better to do than be a smart a$s on the core board... priceless
                              Dont look @ me in that tone of voice or I WILL PUNCH YOU IN THE SHIRT! :mad:

Comment

and a side note... if you saw that claw in person and how sticky and maliable the tread is you would understand.. it is a wicked tire,, one you dont have to cut to make work
                                Dont look @ me in that tone of voice or I WILL PUNCH YOU IN THE SHIRT! :mad:

Comment

Working...
                                X