No announcement yet.

TTC question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im in a parking lot on my laptop just laffin!!!!!. funny stuff.

you SURE you ran out of stuff to say at ttc????:p
    my next rig will be on the trail before zuk 2.0 will

Comment

Originally posted by yellowjacket View Post
      im in a parking lot on my laptop just laffin!!!!!. funny stuff.

you SURE you ran out of stuff to say at ttc????:p
      That they could use for TV, yeah.

Nice front dig Mike

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AS9ZK...eature=related
      88 XJ - 5" lift - 35" BFG's - Bumpers - Rock Rails - Homebrewed OBA - Roof Rack - Tube Doors - Trimmed - Dented

87 XJ - D44 - Disco D30 - 235's - 231TC - Stock for now

Comment

Originally posted by RuffedUpXJ View Post
        That they could use for TV, yeah.
        Ryan(GreenZuk)/Leo(FatGirl) were the ones that gave the editors/"bleepers" some job security.

Last year it was into Dec before the actual TTC videos were shipped... Hoping for a little sooner this year...
        brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
        Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KargoMaster View Post
          Ryan(GreenZuk)/Leo(FatGirl) were the ones that gave the editors/"bleepers" some job security.

Last year it was into Dec before the actual TTC videos were shipped... Hoping for a little sooner this year...
          OK Brad, so i know I have only seen you with a floppy-ish hat on but it seems that all the TV people and old competitors had them on. Are those hats big out there?
          88 XJ - 5" lift - 35" BFG's - Bumpers - Rock Rails - Homebrewed OBA - Roof Rack - Tube Doors - Trimmed - Dented

Comment

May have been around 2005 or so where there was an official hat for the event... Blue bucket hat... floppy brim type... I believe they may have even coerced competitors into wearing them during the pics/events...

Some of the Judges and Crew were still wearing them in past videos (Stover)... and we saw some this time... but the style hat is something that works well to keep off the brutal sun. When we got to JV after TTC... the environment was extremely hostile in terms of sun/dry-ness.

I'm still less than happy that they wouldn't let me wear my hat for the rig/driver/co-dog beauty shots on Monday... After that I put on the AMSOIL sticker and no one said another word... Lynn (AMSOIL rep) even said that he was getting people asking him about my hat...

That hat is Outdoor Research's Seattle Sombrero and mine has been rafting through the Grand Canyon, water skiing/wakeboarding/snow skiing/snow boarding numerous times, wheeling (back when I had a rig to drive), and has kept the rain off the back of my neck (my original intention) countless times in the last decade... I think it's time for a new one... maybe a different color this time?
            Last edited by KargoMaster; 10-28-2010, 03:43 PM.
            brad

Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

I have a camo one I wear as well and I understand the heat and what not and I guess that explains having one being the "hat" for the event makes them popular.

It was funny watching the camera guys trying to walk along the tank trap when you guys went through it since they couldn't keep up.

How close did the points end up being? I haven't found them and FourWheeler's site sucks.

Comment

I liked the YouTube video that showed Tony Becker almost sliding down in front of us when he slipped on the walking path...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bOBVJQVs4o&NR=1

Here's my take on the "results" ...there's 3 possibilities:

Official:
                1. Carwash Buggy = 67
                2. Guam Buggy = 66
                3. Willys Buggy = 46
                4. Zuk Buggy = 45
                5. Gray Truck = 41 (Truck Class Winner)
                6. Roger's PowerWagon = 40
                7. Danger Ranger = 32
                8. '37 Ford = 31
                9. 12voltGuy = 25

Unofficial: (+FatGirl earned points before 'Trap)
                1. Carwash Buggy = 67
                2. Guam Buggy = 66
                3. Willys Buggy = 46
                4. Zuk Buggy = 45
                5. FatGirl Buggy = 43
                6. Gray Truck = 41
                7. Roger's PowerWagon = 40
                8. Danger Ranger = 32
                9. '37 Ford = 31
                10. 12voltGuy = 25

Unofficial Buggy Class: (+FatGirl points in the 'Trap)
                1. Carwash Buggy = 67
                2. Guam Buggy = 66
                3. FatGirl Buggy = 53 (estimated based on Leo/Viz time through 'Trap)
                4. Willys Buggy = 46
                5. Zuk Buggy = 45

Not sure that the "Truck Class" Equal Opportunity bracket is really a good idea as it was really 5th or 6th place overall... but we'll see what happens...
                brad

Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by carwash View Post
                  You want some driving lessons Yellowfaggot?
                  haha, thats a good one! got me laughin
                  Dont look @ me in that tone of voice or I WILL PUNCH YOU IN THE SHIRT! :mad:

Comment

Well the truck class is cool for people that don't have a money for a full tube chassis.

The obstacle course seemed to kill everyones tie rod ends on the drop off. That would suck.

Comment

It's nice to know that even if Fat Girl would have won the Tank Trap, Carwash would have still won the event.

Fat Girl = 43 going into tank trap, then +20 if they won = 63
                      Carwash = second place in tank trap would have dropped him 2 points = 65

I understand the concept of the truck class regarding not being able to afford a full blown tube buggy......but do you really think any of the "trucks" in that class have substantially less money or time in them? I'm sure there were buggies there that did cost more and require more time, but point being you could build a decent buggy for the time and cost.

Comment

Originally posted by blazerbrad View Post
                        It's nice to know that even if Fat Girl would have won the Tank Trap, Carwash would have still won the event.

Fat Girl = 43 going into tank trap, then +20 if they won = 63
                        Carwash = second place in tank trap would have dropped him 2 points = 65

I understand the concept of the truck class regarding not being able to afford a full blown tube buggy......but do you really think any of the "trucks" in that class have substantially less money or time in them? I'm sure there were buggies there that did cost more and require more time, but point being you could build a decent buggy for the time and cost.
                        Do you think it would be better if it was more like UROC and WEROCK with tire sized classes?

I do get the whole advance the wheeling world with engineering and tech. and I understand that part of TTC.

Comment

I guess there were only two Mickey Thompson Classes this year... 46" and 54" (side note: I bet last year's loss to ag tires chapped MT's ass, because ALL competitors got MT tires this year...) If I chop up the results by Tire Size:

1. 54 Carwash Buggy = 67
                          2. 54 Guam Buggy = 66
                          3. 54 Willys Buggy = 46
                          4. 54 Zuk Buggy = 45
                          6. 54 Roger's PowerWagon = 40
                          7. 54 Danger Ranger = 32

4a. 46 FatGirl = 43 (DQ)
                          5. 46 Gray Truck = 41 (Truck Class Winner)
                          8. 46 '37 Ford = 31
                          9. 46 12voltGuy = 25

I don't know that would be any better or worse... but to give a person competing a reason to not "just go bigger" at this point doesn't look like a bad thing. But then you get back to Buggies and Trucks in same class...

It's a tough call, I guess that's why they went Truck Affirmative Action this year.
                          brad

Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

wow. you are putting a lot of work and thought into this.

remember when carwash said that if he won he'd buy an ice cream for everyone? i cant dig up that post- i bet he deleted it:confused:

i dident know that about the ag tires last year- did he just not want m/t's, or did the kubota dealer sponsor him or...? or is running m/t's gonna be mandatory next to even the feild out?
                            my favorite irony is tuff country as a sponsor.
                            my next rig will be on the trail before zuk 2.0 will

Comment

mmmm.... Hodgie like ice cream....:p
                              sigpic
                              chris hodges
                              96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
                              71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

If I remember it wasn't ice cream he promised...
                                I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

Working...
                                X