Natrual Bridge trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mckeddie View Post
    what week are you all going down? i was going to go to harlan 3rd weekend, but my brother in law is now going ot be home on leave from overseas that weekend from year tour of duty, so we are going to see him instead, i may be up for a trip to slade instead.

greg
    core is going down the weekend of the 3/28 come on down the water will be nice
    One of these days Zuk 2.0

Comment

Originally posted by mike shelton View Post
      i got a yota on 33,s. have some issues before trail ready. gabby
      Mike,
      You mite want to think about investing another hour
      and upgrading your knuckles.
      If you don't, I want to be the one that says " I told ya so"
      http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showt...hlight=knuckle
      Attached Files
      For you guys who can't drive, I have owned a frame rack for several years. Prices are based on your skill and ability to wreck it....

Comment

neet, and free upgrade. i will look into this.. i think they have planed our tree cleanup on the 28th too. mike

Comment

all i can say is !!!!!!!! take a chain saw... gabby

Comment

Most will be clear, but it appears they are still falling from being weakened. Bring your saws, just in case. We spent all day today clearing, but didn't get very far.
            91 Ranger ext cab, 60, 14 bolt, 4:88's, 39.5's, doubler, lot's of character

Comment

Where is the bridge at? Is it a members only trip?

Comment

The Bridge is Natural Bridge / Red River area located near Stanton Ky. It is about 2.5 hours from Cincy. All are welcome at any time on all CORE rides.

Comment

OK I got a question for Redriverranger or anyone that knows for that matter.

Do I have to notify anyone or get a camping permit to camp at the Sand lick Rd. area?

We never did before but I think I recall reading it on here or Pirate or JP a while back.

Comment

I was down there several weeks ago, and talked with Boomhauer last night, but haven't heard that one yet...

Then again, Boomhauer's last trip out was when I was down there... but he's usually good about knowing what's going on...
                    brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
                    Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sarge View Post
                      OK I got a question for Redriverranger or anyone that knows for that matter.

Do I have to notify anyone or get a camping permit to camp at the Sand lick Rd. area?

We never did before but I think I recall reading it on here or Pirate or JP a while back.
                      Camping on either the left or right side of creek requires a $5.00 pass I heard. I was there ion november and everyone camping had no pass though and looked at me with the deer in the headlights kinda look.
                      sigpic

Comment

I have never heard about a pass either, always just camped by the creek. I was always told just be tagged and insured.
                        SMITH BUILT PERIOD

Comment

If that is the case, it is news to me. Fee areas have been posted normally. It is a fee area over closer to the Gorge, where I live. There is a forest service sign/information thing on the way into the creek. There have been no sign's posted on it stating it is a fee area unless they were put there since weekend before last when we were there cleaning trails. If I remember I will swing over by there on my way home tomorrow and see if anything looks different. If it is now a fee area, the permits are available at one of the stores where you get off the parkway at Slade. It is a simple tag that hangs from the mirror and is only necessary for overnight camping. The whole Daniel Boone area is not a fee area, just designated sections. Also, there have been a few tickets written recently in the area there for no tags/insurance. Consider that a heads up.
                          91 Ranger ext cab, 60, 14 bolt, 4:88's, 39.5's, doubler, lot's of character

Comment

People who may be attending the CORE trail run.

Sarge
                            Sarges neighbor
                            Truggy
                            Mudstud
                            ?

Not Attending;

George? (FORD 6.0)
                            Brody Jacobs?
                            Carwash
                            Kargomaster
                            Jim S.
                            Nuts
                            scott a.
                            jamie l.
                            tjjeepjeep
                            Last edited by 94Dodge Truggy; 03-26-2009, 12:02 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Are we all heading down Friday evening or early Saturday morning?
                              sigpic

Comment

as much as i want to go, daughter has gymnastics that weekend, and the wife said i'm going, acutally, every weekend from febuary through mid april i'm traveling somewhere every weekend for a meet. hopefully i can make the next time with ya'll.
                                zuk buggy.....it'll be a jeep eventually.

Comment

Working...
                                X