No announcement yet.

Project JimmyRig almost ready to begin.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its the Trentonite coming out of him. I don't think they carry anything besides Nati Light, Hudy, and PBR at the gas stations.
    88 XJ - 5" lift - 35" BFG's - Bumpers - Rock Rails - Homebrewed OBA - Roof Rack - Tube Doors - Trimmed - Dented

87 XJ - D44 - Disco D30 - 235's - 231TC - Stock for now

Comment

Originally posted by WrenchMonkey View Post

I personally prefer to run cheaper parts and drink better beer.

But to each his own.

Robert
      Ha ! If you would change your ways you could change your signature to not include BWOKE But hey ! to each his own

Plus if you drank as much as I do you would drink cheap beer to, Can't beat $14 for a 30 pack for Bud Light with a Natty wrapper.

Comment

A man's got to have his priorities, I guess...

Robert
        DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
        Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

ok back on track , got an Astro van gear box today and ordered a set of Copperhead Fab H1 centers. Figured I would just recenter the rims instead of searching for spacers.
          I still haven't got my DIY4X stuff :mad: and the centers will not be here until the end of next week ..... I guess this gives me time to get a bunch of the small things taken care of like brakes and drive shafts and spring mounts.
          After sitting in the garage pondering what I needed to do I have decided to add a leaf or two all the way around and give me a little room for tires and may not have to trim as much.

Comment

A few things...

Everything I get from Kurt has been top notch, and quick... sorry to hear of your frustration... DIY4X is usually a great resource...

Completely agree with recentering... Copperhead would not be my first choice for centers... let us know what you think of them.

On the AAL idea... just remember that video (that I took of you on Big Wally)of the big yellow monster in '03? the more leafs you add (for clearance or whatever) the stiffer your suspension...

10 more days.... any new updates?
            brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
            Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

Copperhead would not be my first choice for centers... let us know what you think of them.
              hahaha, already had this conversation with him... I look forward to seeing them. Cut the centers out of his wheels last week.... wasted a parting tool doing it. the 12 bolts don't chuck up near as nice as the 8 bolts do. I may not do another set...

Comment

Well , I guess all I can say is ....... I really want to see the centers also !! No word no noth'n :mad: .

Got the steering in , the axles are under it and tacked in , brakes done , still waiting on centers .

My wife had major back surgery Monday Morning and is still in the hospital so I have not got alot done . But it should be movable under it's own power tonight . ( on stocker rims and tires !!!)

still have a bunch of things to do .

Comment

Well wishes to your wife... hope the surgery does all the Doc's said it would...

I feel your pain, it sucks sitting around waiting on the post man...

sigpic
                  chris hodges
                  96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
                  71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

Thanks , got it movable under it's own power last night ...... drove it out of the garage and had a little problem at the end of the driveway ....... I'll tell on myself at a later time ,,,,,, Still no centers .... send an e-mail to Copperhead and got nothing in return ..... gonna give'em till tomorrow and then it's flame on PIRATE style ......

Comment

Lugnuts? :confused:
                      1988 Suzuki Samurai on propane
                      FJ 40 axles (4.10)
                      5.14 tcase
                      36" TSL SX

Comment

nope ! still not going to tell on myself ....Hint .... to anyone that was on the night run to Can Opener in Harlen a few years back , I used some of the same afro engineering to get Brody back to camp as I need to get the rig from the bottom of the drive to the side of the house .

Comment

hehehe I was ther for that run. So is it a lawn ornament now or did you get back up the driveway?
                          78 CJ-7, 350 V8, T-18a Tranny, Twin Stick Dana 300, Scout 44's, 4.27 Gears, 36" TSL's, Welded rear and Full Spool Front, Hi-Steer with GM Knuckles

Comment

Hahaha! got it back up in the drive at about 2:30 in the morning , I have to say it was a buzz kill to say the least .

Comment

The suspense is killing me...... It can't be that bad, we've all done stupid stuff.
                              91 Ranger ext cab, 60, 14 bolt, 4:88's, 39.5's, doubler, lot's of character

Comment

i think i remember you telling me this story at harlan that year, right after you told me about a tire hitting a grand cherokee, the grand cherokee story still has me laughing (and repeating), but i don't remember this one.
                                zuk buggy.....it'll be a jeep eventually.

Comment

Working...
                                X