No announcement yet.

Need some help with my YJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i don't think so... if you have any doubts, go get some new bolts, can't cost that much.

Comment

I do not think so either. If they come out and are all boogered up get new. If not put thread lock on em and torque em down.
      sigpic

Comment

Well I'd be glad to buy new ones but everyone is telling me 3-5 business days to get them. lol So I was hoping they weren't one time use ones.

Comment

If the dealership does not stock em then I would bet on em being multi use.
          sigpic

Comment

I have always reused the bolts and just put some threadlocker on them.

Pulling the tranny would be much easier than pulling the engine. I just pulled the transfer case and transmission on mine and it took me part of an evening by myself. Get at least two other guys to help put it back in, two underneath and one up top. The hard part is getting the the tranny to slide back in the pilot bushing. Sometimes it slides right in, other times it can be a pain. I would say plan an evening to pull and an evening to reassemble or it can all be done in a weekend day.
            1994 YJ, 4.0, 5 speed.

*2006 Dodge 2500 Cummins, 4x4 Auto,Quad cab, LongBed, Tekonsha Prodigy(Tow Rig)

Comment

The tranny is already out. We only worked on it for 2 hours the first night. We didn't bust our balls on it by any means. We got it out the next day. I've been busy as hell so I haven't been able to get back in there and finish the job. It'll be done this weekend though.

Comment

Originally posted by 87yjinCincy View Post
                The tranny is already out. We only worked on it for 2 hours the first night. We didn't bust our balls on it by any means. We got it out the next day. I've been busy as hell so I haven't been able to get back in there and finish the job. It'll be done this weekend though.
                That's good to hear!
                Let's get it out on the trails!

Comment

i used to be able to get the engien out of my YJ in a little over 30 minutes, that was a fuel injected 4.0l. we got pretty good at it over the years. not too hard if you mark all the wires before hand as to where they go, and make a list of everything to reconnect as you pull it (had a buddy write it down while we tore it down) then used that as a checklist when reassembling. make sure the bolt holes on the new fly wheel are EXACTLY the same as the one you pull off. we did it one time, and upon reassembly, found out one hole was 1/8" off, the other 3 were right on. took a week before the right one showed up (this was on a 91 auto). good luck. it's pretty straight forward to pull. i'm probably going to start pulling my TJ's sunday.

if it were me, i would try a new starter before replacing that though. looks like the gear on the starter is pretty chewed up, you never know, a new starter could get you by for another year or 2. you are going to have to replace it anyways (lifetime warranty??)

greg

greg
                  zuk buggy.....it'll be a jeep eventually.

Comment

Hey, did you get this tranny job done?
                    I need my tranny jack back soon!

Comment

Hey, does anyone have this guy's number?
                      I lent him my tranny jack for this job & now I can't get ahold of him to get it back! I'm sure he's done with the tranny job by now. I fear I've been scammed! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Comment

that sucks, i checked his profile it says he hasn't been on since august 30th
                        if you can't fit it....FORCE IT!!!!!!!!!

Comment

how did he get it from you? you drop it off, he pick it up?

Comment

I heard back from him, should be getting the jack back this week.
                            He picked it up but I lost all his contact info since then. (emptied my PMs)

Comment

Glad to hear you are getting it back! I will cancel the APB then. ;)
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 94Dodge Truggy View Post
                                Glad to hear you are getting it back! I will cancel the APB then. ;)
                                yeah really, blue trash isn't that big we couldve found him
                                if you can't fit it....FORCE IT!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X