BlueOx build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BillysGruff View Post
    Do you have a link for a build thread? Or an image placeholder? I'm currently working on the brackets. I'll be buying more tube and springs next month.

http://www.generalspringkc.com/product_p/22-553.htm
    I have a lot of pics, but no build thread. I wasn't a member of the forum when I did it. I'll post some up. I built 2 different styles of shackle for the front. Steering was the biggest issue I had. When you get in to it you'll see the draglink angle is bad, so it won't steer good at all. I even tapped my box for hydraulic assist, but it still didn't want to turn the 39.5's very good. I had to go full hydro.

I used a 4" lift 52" rear spring in the front, and the stock 63" with a 2" add a leaf, 4" blocks, shackle flip, and a 6" shackle. The allowed me to barely clear 39.5" tires in the front. Even after trimming/pounding the fender/firewall, they still rubbed the outer lugs on the tires at full stuff. Only after I tubed the front and aced the fenders did it stop rubbing. I kept the 117" wheelbase, but had I moved the axle up an inch, that should have fixed the rubbing.

Comment

A couple questions:

1. Does anybody have any Spicer D60 parts laying around that they dont need? As you can see I'm missing some. I tried Bessler and Jacks, but without luck.

2. Does anyone work for a machine shop or know someone who could bore out the opening on my D44 caliper brackets to fit the D60? Everything but the center bore on the brackets is the same. I've tried calling around with 0 luck.

And some fun...
      The base idea

Coming along, I've since rounded those sharp corners on the ears and drilled holes for rosette welding, I'll also do two horizontal gussets between the ears and vertical gussets.

Shackle

Comment

94dodgetruggy may be able to assist you with the machine work. I have heard that he does this type stuff...???
        One Country, One Flag, One Language...
        LIKE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!

Comment

This was the first design, but it allowed the body to move when I tried to steer. So I had to do it a little different and go hydro.

Click image for larger version

Name:	10102009070.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	71038

And the second design, which is on it now.

Name:	01262010167.jpg
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	71039

Comment

Few more pics of the front.

Name:	10092009057.jpg
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	71040

Name:	12082009121.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	71041

Then I got tired of the front and started cutting.

Name:	WP_000051.jpg
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	71042

Name:	WP_000193.jpg
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	71043

Comment

WOW, what happened? Looks awesome!
              1994 Dodge Ram 5.9L SWB
              3/4 axles, 39.5 IROKS, HYDRO assist

Comment

Originally posted by biggin69 View Post
                94dodgetruggy may be able to assist you with the machine work. I have heard that he does this type stuff...???
                I'm confused, are you sayin JohnnyDodgeTruggy is Gram or somebody else? I searched for the username you provided, but didnt exist.

Originally posted by 93 Krawler View Post
                This was the first design, but it allowed the body to move when I tried to steer. So I had to do it a little different and go hydro.

[ATTACH]6528[/ATTACH]
                Its amazing how 3" difference b/t GMT800/900 on the inside of the frame rails makes for mounting the shackle location.

Originally posted by 93 Krawler View Post
                [ATTACH]6533[/ATTACH]
                Holy sexy flexy, Batman! Except, where's night vision?
                Last edited by BillysGruff; 03-18-2013, 09:09 AM.

Comment

94Dodge Truggy
                  One Country, One Flag, One Language...
                  LIKE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BillysGruff View Post
                    I'm confused, are you sayin JohnnyDodgeTruggy is Gram or somebody else? I searched for the username you provided, but didnt exist.

Holy sexy flexy, Batman! Except, where's night vision?
                    His profile link. http://www.cincyoffroad.com/forum/member.php?u=26

It has 4 - 27 watt LED lights on it now.

Comment

Exhibit A contains a 2 x 3 x 1/4" wall soon to be x-member, two (2) 1.75 x 3/16" upper bumper pieces for under the headlights and front part of fender w/50* bends @14.5". I need to cut off 18" from the ends. I have a fourth piece that I'll sleeve on both ends.

It just so happends that a d-side D44 axle shaft is ~1.375" and fits very well inside 1.75" tube to be used as sleeves.

An example of using part of the axle shaft as a sleeve. I'll drill and plug weld later. I should have done this from the get go, ah well.

Got one at a time cause it saved me 20 bucks. *Important question* Do I need to have two locking sleeves for springs? I wonder why they would only include one? There isnt a hole on the backside for a rivet either.

1/2" spring plate I made....jk Barnes deserves all the credit on their fantastic products

Bought new shackles instead of using the ones I made, 9/16" bolts/nuts/washers acquired

All cleaned up, need prime and paint

Ebay 99.99 special. I dont need any o-ring seals with these, do I?

39/64" drilled, all cleaned up and ready for pressing. I'd have these finished but I didnt get the right seals from Rockauto.

Improved the locking collar, those two pieces are welded togther.

Gettin there. Going to gusset the ears and vertical gusset for added strength. The drill bit dulled as I was drilling these out.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGRAM View Post
                        WOW, what happened? Looks awesome!
                        Were you asking me or the boss-man?

Comment

That was for you, the truck went from street to hard C.O.R.E. in a flash!
                          Where is that majic dust at?
                          1994 Dodge Ram 5.9L SWB

Comment

Correction, it appears to be the wrong truck. Just noticed Krawler's sig pic..
                            Need updates,,,,
                            1994 Dodge Ram 5.9L SWB

Comment

Originally posted by BIGRAM View Post
                              Correction, it appears to be the wrong truck. Just noticed Krawler's sig pic..
                              Need updates,,,,
                              All good, not many can touch the badassness of his rig.

Comment

Are these worth it?

Comment

Working...
                                X