No announcement yet.

Zach’s buggy build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Jeep frame is gone.. it’s been a great ride, but onto better things! Only thing that’s left to sell if the fiberglass tub!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The people that were at Harlan convinced me to go automatic.. so I ended up getting a TH400. Now looking for an LS because why not upgrade right?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Smiddy24 View Post
        The people that were at Harlan convinced me to go automatic.. so I ended up getting a TH400. Now looking for an LS because why not upgrade right?!?

You will not regret going to an automatic. Now all you got to do is point and shoot.

Sent from my S7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh major upgrade here! ATLAS T CASE!

She’s a little old. From what we are told it’s never been installed. Atlas is either a late 90’s model or early 2000’s

Comment

Originally posted by Smiddy24 View Post
            Oh major upgrade here! ATLAS T CASE!

She’s a little old. From what we are told it’s never been installed. Atlas is either a late 90’s model or early 2000’s

Is that a 3.8:1 low range version (looks like a 3.8 written on it)? Should work pretty good with the TH400. I was thinking originally that if you went with the TH400 but kept the NP205 you may not be happy because that combo gives pretty crappy low range ratio.

Comment

Originally posted by blazerbrad View Post
              Is that a 3.8:1 low range version (looks like a 3.8 written on it)? Should work pretty good with the TH400. I was thinking originally that if you went with the TH400 but kept the NP205 you may not be happy because that combo gives pretty crappy low range ratio.
              That it is! Very pumped because of the stress I was going through in buying the adapter. Then buying more parts to either do the doubler or the gear box. So my dad made a very good point.. instead of paying $1500 for either the doubler/gear box why not just try to find a Atlas for only $300-500 more. But yeah this solves all my problems with finding a better gear ratio. Paid $1800 for it. So it's a steal because that includes the twin sticks, the TH400 adapter, and possibly a shifter for the TH400 instead of buying a Winters shifter.

My dad is going down to get it this Sunday since it's located in Georgia and he's traveling to New Orleans for work. He is also buying another TH400 with a reverse valve body. So we have an extra TH400 in the garage now that needs to be sold. Plus I'm selling my old 205 and the 203 I just got.

Comment

Decent amount of progress made today! Got both axles put together (4links and 14 bolt gears). We also made the base of the frame, thanks to my dad Jeffrey Smith and his skills with the plasma cutter!

Comment

Some goodies arrived today. Got my brake pedals and brake master cylinders. This allows me to have independent brakes!

Comment

And some more goodies! TH400 shifter and the twin sticks for the Atlas

Comment

While I’ve been doing college essays all week (stupid last semester) my dad decided to work on the frame. He got a lot done! Looks very good!

Comment

Finally starting to see the bigger picture now. Pretty much got the frame done. Just need to weld it up and figure out how to do the upper front 4 links. Deciding whether to use the old 4 link brackets I have or cut into the frame and box it like my dads is.

Last edited by Smiddy24; 11-12-2018, 06:59 AM.

Comment

Lookin good.

Comment

Buggy Build 2.0! We had to totally redesign the tube chassis today, since my dad switched computers and lost the original copy... But this design is similar with some adjustments. Overall width of the chassis is 67” (nerf bar to nerf bar) overall height is 42”. Total weight so far from Bend Tech, 470lbs. Can length is 59” wide to fit a Jeep cowl, and my original hood.

Comment

Nice! I think I like this one even better...

Where is the 42" height measured from? Bottom of the framerails, top of the rails, or from the nerf bars?

I've been trying to get mine that low, but for reference my XJ is 46" from floor to roof inside, and I don't know if I can shave another four or five inches without hitting my head or stretching my legs straight out in front of me.
                              DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
                              Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

Originally posted by WrenchMonkey View Post
                                Nice! I think I like this one even better...

Where is the 42" height measured from? Bottom of the framerails, top of the rails, or from the nerf bars?

I've been trying to get mine that low, but for reference my XJ is 46" from floor to roof inside, and I don't know if I can shave another four or five inches without hitting my head or stretching my legs straight out in front of me.

That’s center of tube from the nerf bar and the A pillar.

Comment

Working...
                                X