No announcement yet.

Zach’s buggy build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a lot done this week/weekend! Got the axle/4link in, shocks mounted, steering wheel mounted, seats mounted, and started on the dash. My dad did a great job at making custom 4 link brackets for the upper links.

More to come this week/weekend. Maybe even start doing the wiring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

May be able to get the jeep on all 4 tires this Friday/Saturday and start the wiring! After the wiring is done we will rebuild the trans, buy some headers, AN fittings for the water pump/lines for the radiator. Then it all comes down to the little things.. like some body panels, mounting the hood/cowl/windshield, etc.

Comment

Zach’s buggy build

Finally got a oil pan for the 6.0 today. Got this kit (2001 Camaro pan, gasket, and oil pump tube) from AutoZone. This kit runs $330 but luckily I talked them down to $170! Got a smokin’ deal and it even comes with the block off plate! Now time to install it, once I get the Jeep on the lift.

Comment

Holy flex [emoji15] wow! So impressed! Now down to the little things that take some time. Wiring, dash, rebuild the trans, gas tank mount, radiator/radiator fan, trans cooler, etc. But we are getting so close! Lots of progress made this week!

Comment

Got some things done this past week. My dad made the brake assembly bracket. I made my panels for the interior dash. Now working on mounting the gas pedal, radiator and other stuff this week. Down to the little things! Hopefully next week I can take the transmission over to Kevin to have him rebuild it.

Comment

You keep moving right along,
              Looks like good work,
              So when do you think it will be up and running for its first outing ?
              No need for a Winch...You just have to make it !!

Comment

I’m hoping we can have it ready by dirty turtle run. If not then, then Badlands will be the target.

Comment

What did you decide to do with the frame, powder coat or rattle can?

Sent from my S7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 93 Krawler View Post
                    What did you decide to do with the frame, powder coat or rattle can?

Leaning towards powder coating it. This wouldn't be until end of May and into June because that's a month we don't really have anything going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Smiddy24 View Post
                      Leaning towards powder coating it. This wouldn't be until end of May and into June because that's a month we don't really have anything going on.
                      So you plan on wheeling it bare metal till June? End of may is Harlan trip.

Comment

Originally posted by 93 Krawler View Post
                        So you plan on wheeling it bare metal till June? End of may is Harlan trip.

Yes that will be the plan. After it's fully built, I have to recoup some money. Or I could use my tax return to get it done....

Comment

Yesterday was a little slow.. I ended up mounting my twin sticks after modifying the sleeve. I'll post some pics later.

Today should be a good day to get some things done. Hoping to the windage tray and oil pan mounted, work on mounting my floor boards, cutting out the center console and dash components for the gauges, and mounting the grill.

Comment

Over this past weekend, we got the bumper started, added a tray for the winch to sit on, mounted the battery box, made new upper rear 4 links (old ones were too short), lined up the axles by adjusting the links. I also mounted the grill on Saturday and adjusted the windage tray.

Ken Garcia came up this weekend and picked up my Radiator/water pump to weld on the AN fittings for the coolant lines. He also is going to make me a two piece driveshaft out of my old driveshafts. Should have that done soon. Once that gets back to me, I’m hoping all we have left to do is the rebuild on the trans with Kevin.

Comment

Went out to the garage for a few hours tonight. Ended up working on the toggle switches and started cutting out my template for the main dash area.

Tomorrow we will drop the engine and trans back out of the buggy. Then separate the trans and start tearing it apart for the rebuild, may be able to have it fully rebuilt by Thursday night.

Comment

This was form a couple of days ago.. but we got the drivetrain out and started to do the rebuild on the TH400 transmission. Looking to maybe finish the rebuild today after work.

Comment

Working...
                                X