No announcement yet.

Zach’s buggy build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost fully welded. We ran out of wire.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7913.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	74629

Name:	IMG_7914.jpg
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	74630

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sigpic

Keep them on all 4's

Comment

Main nerf bar bent tonight. This will be the base point everything will be off of. We will set it tomorrow Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7938.jpg
Size:	120.9 KB
ID:	74655

Name:	IMG_7939.jpg
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	74656

sigpic

Keep them on all 4's

Comment

Zach’s buggy build

More progress made on the Jeep tube chassis! Got the main base of the chassis done. Tomorrow consists of getting the A and B Pillar!

Comment

More progress made yesterday. Got the A and B pillar up, followed by putting in the front “eyebrow” and V!

Comment

It’s been a little while since I’ve updated this thread. So I got the back X/B pillar done, did the front engine bay bars, also added the top V and a middle cross bar. Getting very close to the chassis being fully setup! Just need to weld everything that’s in now all together.

Comment

More progress made yesterday. My dad installed the front hoops while I was working. After I got off, we worked together and got the main rear hoop in and added on down bar. Today, I’m sure we will be able to get the other down bar in and work on the tailgate/bed.

Comment

Looking good guys. Starting to look like a buggy now.

Sent from my S7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 93 Krawler View Post
                  Looking good guys. Starting to look like a buggy now.

Thanks Kevin! More pics to come today. We're pretty close to it being done, minus doing interior stuff.

Comment

Wow, we’ve accomplished a lot in the past couple of days! Check out the progress, motor is mounted in!

Comment

You guys are hauling ass. It's amazing what you can accomplish if you don't have to go to work for a week. [emoji106]

Comment

Originally posted by 93 Krawler View Post
                        You guys are hauling ass. It's amazing what you can accomplish if you don't have to go to work for a week. [emoji106]

Amen to that, thanks!!

Comment

I just ordered some parts yesterday in order to get the tranny mounted and the axles in.. So, until those come in, I’ll be working on some body work (hood, Cowl and grill). Started yesterday by cutting down the CJ7 cowl. Had to do this because the hood + the cowl would of been way too long for the front of the chassis. While I worked on the cowl, my dad added a X up front to tie the shock hoops in for the leverage of the shocks, when those get mounted.

Today consist of cutting down my hood as well. Overall length of the original CJ7 hood is 39 1/4. I have to cut off 5 inches in order to make it fit on the chassis. Wish me luck! If I screw this up... I’ll be buying a new hood. Lol

Comment

The hood cut down, turned out great!! Ended up cutting off little by little to find the right angle on the cowl to match the hood. Man it looks good!

Comment

Crazy that your nose will be that short. My hood was stretched 5-6", and I'll be using every bit of that for engine bay space. Your setup will probably make for much better forward visibility. I worry about that some...

It's cool that your hood and cowl are both square enough that you can cut out ten inches (?) and they still line up. Mine are both tapered.
                              DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
                              Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

Originally posted by WrenchMonkey View Post
                                Crazy that your nose will be that short. My hood was stretched 5-6", and I'll be using every bit of that for engine bay space. Your setup will probably make for much better forward visibility. I worry about that some...

It's cool that your hood and cowl are both square enough that you can cut out ten inches (?) and they still line up. Mine are both tapered.
                                The hood is a little bit better to see out of compared to my old jeep. But while cutting the cowl and hood down, it took a decent amount of time to do. I was too afraid to cut too much out at a time, but it work out great! Plus it looks awesome!! I am more concerned with how I will be able to mount my headlights (If I can). We noticed that the grill is pretty much right next to the shock hoops.

Comment

Working...
                                X