No announcement yet.

KYMC Fall Crawl at Harlan 10/24-10/26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup last spring there were multiple rigs ticketed for different reasons. All were ticketed by a State Trooper I think that wasn't "in the know" or was on a power trip or something. I am still licensed and insured and street legal so I don't worry too much. But I'd rather not have any risk of tickets as this hobby is expensive enough without them in the mix...
    '94 YJ

Comment

Originally posted by fabricator View Post
      1 was for no helmet in a buggy
      other one was for a seatbelt or something
      i think ...
      It was Jane. No proof of insurance and she didnt have her license plate displayed. But she faxed them her insurance stuff and got out of the ticket.
      Now Adam in the buggie had no helmet and it cost him 150 bucks since the state trooper said it was a atv. So I quess if you have a buggie its ok if you wear a helmet?

Comment

now THAT's interesting...

last time I was in Harlan, was Feb 2006... we hadn't even heard of any trouble... ever...
        brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
        Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

i've never heard of any probs either, hell frank lives there and drives his buggy into town all the time, i've driven my jeeps all over town with no plates, even had the police stop traffic downtown one time so we could unload once, and then drive out to the trailhead.
          zuk buggy.....it'll be a jeep eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by mckeddie View Post
            i've never heard of any probs either, hell frank lives there and drives his buggy into town all the time, i've driven my jeeps all over town with no plates, even had the police stop traffic downtown one time so we could unload once, and then drive out to the trailhead.
            I have been there many times allso with no proplems.
            When Adam and Jane got their tickets in the spring we had just left the event field about a 1/4 mile up the road going toward Evarts and it was a Highway patrol and he was only their for about a hour or so, wrote a few tickets and moved on.
            When we went back to the field we talked to Ken Crider and a few of the other KYMC. guys about it and they said they was nothing they could do about it because that is a state route. And they also told us that if you go strait and dont turn and go across the rail road tracks to go to Bailys creek it allso turns back to a state route so watch it there. But we have never had a problem with the town or county cops.

Here is the thread.
            http://kymc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3620
            Last edited by tinbeater; 08-27-2008, 11:19 PM.

Comment

I ended up renting a house in Evarts. There should be plenty of room if anyone needs a place to crash. The more the merrier=the more the cheaper...
              '94 YJ

Comment

so, who all is still in for sure, someone wanna post a list at the top of the page? you guys plan on hitting the harder stuff, or do you planon trailriding? i really want to do lower damnation, possilbly try cream puff, and do railbed (up the waterfall) again this year, as well as can opener backwards. butch sold his juggy monday, so now he is going to be goining in a mildly built TJ (locked f/r with chromos, 4" lift and 35's). so i'm guessing my group will be mostly trail riding, of which i HATE doing. i want to hit some hard stuff, not just cruise by it.

greg

Comment

I will be there. Hard stuff and whatever else.
                  91 Ranger ext cab, 60, 14 bolt, 4:88's, 39.5's, doubler, lot's of character

Comment

do not fret greg, butch will have seat time in my rig and we all now i am not a trail rider! bring on the tuff stuff!!!!
                    95 yj, fresh fuel injected 302, c-6, twin sticked 205, 3 linked high pinion d60 front, double trianulated 4 linked 14 bolt rear (all aluminum links) locked both ends, 4:56 gears, full hydro steering, high steer, 4 wheel discs, 16" 2.5 fox air shocks, 39.5" irok's. just finishing a full frame-up redo thanks to a great friend and one knowledgable(sp?) s.o.b casey cravens for without him this could not have been done in such a short time and done right!

LOOK OUT "WHITEY" HERE I COME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mckeddie View Post
                      so, who all is still in for sure, someone wanna post a list at the top of the page? you guys plan on hitting the harder stuff, or do you planon trailriding? i really want to do lower damnation, possilbly try cream puff, and do railbed (up the waterfall) again this year, as well as can opener backwards. butch sold his juggy monday, so now he is going to be goining in a mildly built TJ (locked f/r with chromos, 4" lift and 35's). so i'm guessing my group will be mostly trail riding, of which i HATE doing. i want to hit some hard stuff, not just cruise by it.

greg
                      when u goin down we got a few trucks that r wantin the same trails, and the lions den of course, me and a buddy rode with u and ur group a few labor days ago. we were ridin with frank and the dude n the trooper. then i had a almost stock xj wit a big orange stinger.
                      sigpicI EAT BURRITOS ON EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cheapthrills49 View Post
                        when u goin down we got a few trucks that r wantin the same trails, and the lions den of course, me and a buddy rode with u and ur group a few labor days ago. we were ridin with frank and the dude n the trooper. then i had a almost stock xj wit a big orange stinger.
                        i'm up for any of em except lions den, i won't fit b/t the tree and rock, i'm too friggin wide. we wedged butch's jeep in there last year, and he was 4" narrower than me. we had to winch him out, it sucked!..

Comment

what kind of terrain is here
                          Thats good stuff!!

Comment

How far from you guys is this and what kind of terrain? Got rocks or wood ridin??
                            Thats good stuff!!

Comment

Originally posted by DinkDavis View Post
                              How far from you guys is this and what kind of terrain? Got rocks or wood ridin??
                              it's six hours from nw ohio. harlan has everything, best place by far i've ridden. you can ride trails all weekend and never leave 2 wheeldrive, or you can wheel hard, and break **** all weekend long. there is scenic and hardcore all wrapped up together. it has it all imo. well worth the trip i think.

greg

Comment

and thats prity much it.......... n a nut shell lol, like greg said IT IS THE BEST PARK ON THE EAST COAST!
                                sigpicI EAT BURRITOS ON EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X