Harlan Fall crawl.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hardluck View Post
    So where do people generally stay down there? I'm thinking about checking it out but I would like to tag along with some people to show me around. How built does a vehicle need to be to get around?

last time I was down there I stayed ont he putney side at the trail head... they rent cabins right there or you can tent also,

How built does a vehicle need to be to get around?

your rig better be at 110% with good brakes... the trail that goes up the moutain is rocky and would say is a class 3 trail out of 5. the switch backs are can be a pain. and winch would be a good envestment. the trails are up the mountain can give you some oh **** factor for sure..
    personally I love it there, but would not go there with out a cage, and winch and map.
    Thanks,
    67fastback

-------------
    84 Honda cr60r - for sale
    87 Honda 200sx - for sale
    67 Mustang fastback - under restoration MCA #63430
    04 Silverado 2500 crew cab
    87 sami - "SPLAT"
    87 sami tin top - "Blue Fire"
    88 sami - "Squirt"

My New Video Channel -http://www.youtube.com/PhillbillyProduction

My Video Channel - http://www.youtube.com/justworkn

Comment

vehicle build depends on what trails you want to do, you can take a stocker there and have a good time still, but you won't be doing much beyond the main trails.

greg
      zuk buggy.....it'll be a jeep eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by mckeddie View Post
        vehicle build depends on what trails you want to do, you can take a stocker there and have a good time still, but you won't be doing much beyond the main trails.

greg

My Jeep was down there...helps to have someone you know the area lead. Map would have been nice tho on the day we didn't have that.
        I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

They do sell some very nicely detailed maps of the area....

Comment

HMMMM...I dont have winch..but that is 4 weeks away..I may find one by then..I may go if I can get my axle back together...
            Regret not what you've done,Only what you have'nt.

Comment

Originally posted by GT MOTORSPORTS View Post
              HMMMM...I dont have winch..but that is 4 weeks away..I may find one by then..I may go if I can get my axle back together...
              I would'nt worry about a winch.
              You can run a stock 4wd. all over the main trails. Hell we saw a Caravan and a Sentra on top of the mountain.

Comment

You mean like a gypsy caravan? i don't like gypsies, count me out.

Comment

I've only been there once but it seemed like you spent most of the time on a fairly easy main trail and all of the hard stuff was relatively short optional obstacles/off shoots. One of the locals (was his name Frank?) led us around all day in his 35" tired Ranger just in 2wd with a rear locker since the front end was broke with no issues, but he obviously sat out on the optional stuff.

Comment

Thanks Tinbeater. Thats awsome that a sentra and a caravan were on top of the mountain. I will try to get the rear axle finished up and install new hub bearings then im ready..

Blazerbrad,so its pretty easy to ride around with 33" boggers and a locked rear axle?
                    Regret not what you've done,Only what you have'nt.

Comment

Originally posted by blazerbrad View Post
                      I've only been there once but it seemed like you spent most of the time on a fairly easy main trail and all of the hard stuff was relatively short optional obstacles/off shoots. One of the locals (was his name Frank?) led us around all day in his 35" tired Ranger just in 2wd with a rear locker since the front end was broke with no issues, but he obviously sat out on the optional stuff.
                      frank never hits any of the good stuff!!! think he is afraid of rolling or something...who knows
                      95 yj, fresh fuel injected 302, c-6, twin sticked 205, 3 linked high pinion d60 front, double trianulated 4 linked 14 bolt rear (all aluminum links) locked both ends, 4:56 gears, full hydro steering, high steer, 4 wheel discs, 16" 2.5 fox air shocks, 39.5" irok's. just finishing a full frame-up redo thanks to a great friend and one knowledgable(sp?) s.o.b casey cravens for without him this could not have been done in such a short time and done right!

LOOK OUT "WHITEY" HERE I COME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by boomhauer View Post
                        frank never hits any of the good stuff!!! think he is afraid of rolling or something...who knows
                        no ****, i only saw him take shameless up the waterfall on railbed once, the first time we were there (before he moved down there), i don't think i ever saw him try anything else except the main trail. that's just the way he's always wheeled.

i can't wait to get back down there, torching all teh front spring buckets and axle brackets off first thing in the AM, hopefully heading to branik in the afternoon to pick up some tabs, then whenever my fox's show up, i'll be ready to mount it all up. i've got tube laying in the driveway to redo the cage, and then just all the general maintenance crap to make sure everything is in top shape. hate ot get down there and have something stupid fail the first day.
                        zuk buggy.....it'll be a jeep eventually.

Comment

Looking forward to wheeling with ya!

Comment

Seems like alot of people are going. So were are all of you planning on staying?
                            I may take the the camper and stay in the event field, but I'm not for sure yet.

Comment

Kirby and I were talking about staying up on the mountain...

Was it the evarts field we stayed in a couple years ago?

Comment

Originally posted by carwash View Post
                                Was it the evarts field we stayed in a couple years ago?
                                That's where we were the year I went
                                I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

Working...
                                X