Harlan Fall crawl.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

harlan

Had a good time at the fall crawl. nice to meet a few of you on here. got to meet kargomaster, boomhaur, and mckeedie while at lions den. humpy and i ran some new trails we hadnt ran before. your turn and crawfords cry were a alot of fun. the park did a good job repairing the exits of both. lower damnation wasnt too bad friday but had to have some help from warn on sat. the whitetail rock garden has changed alot. seen some rockwell buggys beat on it and roll a couple times. they put on a hell of a show. i rolled on my first attemp also. was able to make it up after that. overall a really good weekend. wil post some pics a little later.
    ZUKI linked f/r 16v air shocks cut 39.5" tsl. exod. full hydro F/R. rear steer.

Comment

Had a great week-end up until yesterday morning on the way home ( about 10 miles outside of Harlin....... Ka-Boom Duramax It took us another 14 hours and a huge tow bill to finally get home .....
      Rant on -
      I would also like to throw a big " F.... U.. out to the 500 folks that drove by and didn't stop. Not that anyone could have fixed the problem , but damn if Carwash didn't have one bar on his phone ( while standing on one foot )we would have been beat'n feet for miles . Maybe it's just me, but I at least stop to see if anyone needs anything......
      -Rant off

Great run and not very crowded at all . I will let Carwash call the details, I'll just say , Rockwells =

Comment

Ah yes, it was a good time indeed. Did some serious muddin' on the trails Friday in the rain. Climbed some good stuff. I must say, it still absolutely amazes me that these rigs hold up to the abuse we throw at them. I know we build them to beat on, but some things just shouldn't hold up you would think.... Like tires i guess.

I learned a few things this weekend...

A 4-man tent does not really sleep 4 guys, unless yer drunk, and really cold, and really to lazy to put up another tent... I learned to not be the 4th person to get in this tent, because drunk fags like to spread the hell out.

I learned that if you are determined and cold enough, you can actually start one hell of a fire in the pouring rain. Enough Rotella will make anything go up in flames.

I learned that super hot metts, combined with much beer, makes for an interesting next morning.

I learned, and was amazed that sarge and i can actually drink nearly 5 cases of beer in less than 48 hours.

I learned the hard way that no matter how thick your sidewalls are, that they will lay open at will while spinning on rocks and roots at blurry speed. Who knew grapevines were so tough...

We found out that a pinion brake, combined with a very well placed steering ram, turns into an awesome mobile lathe. I guess they were really too pretty anyway...

I learned right about 8 miles outside of Harlan, that my Duramax is not near as badass as i thought it was. It now sounds like a Cummins, won't accept any throttle, won't even go into reverse. It fuct.

As a bonus to that lesson, I learned just how bad it can suck to be stuck in harlan for 6 hours. Hell not even Harlan, a one store town called Cold Iron. So small it's not even on the map, and the area goes by the name of Molus on a gps.

We learned that it will cost you $10 extra in driver tip to get a pizza delivered 2 miles past their set delivery area. And the pecker wanted more than $10, I though sarge was gonna beat his ass.

And ah yes... We learned that one nice size tow truck and get all of your junk back to your house... to the tune of roughly $600

So, we left Harlan at 9:23 yesterday morning... I walked in the door last night at 10:30... Sarge had to drive an hour more home... suck.

Good times? Yes, it's all part of it i guess.

Action shots? No, we were too busy being the action to take any.

Comment

Thanks for being our tour guide for the weekend Carwash, we had a blast. Cutting all those tires sucked but I think we made up for it sat night about midnight. The 8.8 held up great.
          My brothers had a great time and I think we may have converted the NYC city boy for the weekend, He wouldn't stop talking about all the rigs and how amazed he was with the places we were able to get to.
          Good to meet you sarge and thanks for the well placed "firecracker". Thought I was dead.

Comment

Yes... a well-placed flash bang can clear a campsite out. Half the people thought they were dead, the other half ran for their lives...

Hell I knew it was going off, and it still made me pee a little... I didn't know you were gonna put it right in my freakin back pocket you crazy bastard.

Comment

I would have loved to seen the view from behind me going down the paved road with a flat 44 bogger at each corner. it felt like it was going down the road sideways.

Comment

Originally posted by carwash View Post
                I would have loved to seen the view from behind me going down the paved road with a flat 44 bogger at each corner. it felt like it was going down the road sideways.
                Oh, it was..... I loved the look on everyones face when you drove by, How many people told you you had a low tire?

Comment

priceless !

We also learned that "Hot Chicks" is not a phrase known to many in Cold Iron. And I'm still trying to figure out what bubba said, over and over and over .....

Comment

Yeah, every person, points and says "you know you got a flat?" I just started flipping people off... jk.

And yes, the people of Cold Iron are definitely different... few teeth. Most of them wear pajama pants, all the time, and just cruise around the quickie mart on their quads... it was a dream afternoon.

Comment

Looks like it was a blast! Anyone do lions den or jagger?

Cummins 1, Duramax 0.
                      sigpic

Comment

and yes, odd to me that while we were stuck on the actual road, in a blind turn, hood up, pacing searching for cell signal, not one person pulling a rig even slowed down...

And this surprised the hell out of me... Only guy that stopped was a local boy. Coal miner / logger, saw we needed help, stripped down and put his coveralls on and did everything he could to try to get us back on the road again. Just kept saying "well i can't just leave you here on the road, we're gonna get you going somehows."

Did everything we knew to do, but the truck was a zero. I was super appreciative of this guys tho, truly a selfless guy. Now i didn't know any of the ****ers that blew by my at 50 mph, but still.... I wold have stopped to at least see of we needed some tools, or a cell phone, something...

Comment

Kirby did it, had to winch a few times, so i decided against it, since i have no winch.

And don't be a motor fag... i think yer beyond that.

Comment

When you gonna find out what blew? I know a couple of diehard DMAX guys if its' not under warranty.
                            1988 Suzuki Samurai on propane
                            FJ 40 axles (4.10)
                            5.14 tcase
                            36" TSL SX

Comment

it's under warranty, so i hope it's completely wasted...

It sounds like every valve is bent and coming out of the motor... like a cummins kinda. so it sounds kinda cool, but it's not supposed to sound that way...

Comment

glad you made it back okay last night man...

The trip was a blast.

I learned that my rear 1350cv shaft is not quite up to the task when im in the driver seat

I learned that I can't stop very fast when going 40+mph going into a switchback down a greasy hill. That poor YJ almost had a big pitbull pattern on its hood :o

I learned that mom jokes are still funny, especially when carwash puts a 4" gash in his sidewall

good times.

Comment

Working...
                                X