March 14-16 - Trail Cutting/ clearing @ Rush Offroad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WrenchMonkey View Post
    Like said, I'd really like to add a bypass, and then open up the other two ravines. Could we scope it out and then check with you?

Thanks again for having us!
    A bypass is definitely needed for the last hill and I'd say the two ravine are ok to clear.

Comment

• I probably have an unpopular opinion... but I dislike bypasses on the hard trails. I do not think the exit is that bad, 3 of our rigs went up it without too much issues. I bet a rzr could make that climb. If you want to run big boy trails run them, they might require winching a hill or two. I think that should be expected. If you want something easier try the medium trails. In my experience the bypasses break up the feel of being on a trail and make it feel more like going from obstacle to obstacle instead of a continuous trail. For example the "red trail" at the Badlands is this way; there are bypasses past everything and it doesn't feel like a trail at all.

Just my 2 cents!

With that said I would be happy to help open some medium trails. I just think there should be multiple levels of trails to offer a challenge to different vehicles.

I am happy with the trail that we made. I think it will be awesome with some traffic. I can't wait to open up the other ravines coming off of it.

Jim

Comment

• Originally posted by beer_goggles_009 View Post
        I probably have an unpopular opinion... but I dislike bypasses on the hard trails. I do not think the exit is that bad, 3 of our rigs went up it without too much issues. I bet a rzr could make that climb. If you want to run big boy trails run them, they might require winching a hill or two. I think that should be expected. If you want something easier try the medium trails. In my experience the bypasses break up the feel of being on a trail and make it feel more like going from obstacle to obstacle instead of a continuous trail. For example the "red trail" at the Badlands is this way; there are bypasses past everything and it doesn't feel like a trail at all.

Just my 2 cents!

With that said I would be happy to help open some medium trails. I just think there should be multiple levels of trails to offer a challenge to different vehicles.

I am happy with the trail that we made. I think it will be awesome with some traffic. I can't wait to open up the other ravines coming off of it.

Jim
        I can see your point of view and I can agree with your perspective. Makes sense to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by beer_goggles_009 View Post
          I probably have an unpopular opinion... but I dislike bypasses on the hard trails. I do not think the exit is that bad, 3 of our rigs went up it without too much issues. I bet a rzr could make that climb. If you want to run big boy trails run them, they might require winching a hill or two. I think that should be expected. If you want something easier try the medium trails. In my experience the bypasses break up the feel of being on a trail and make it feel more like going from obstacle to obstacle instead of a continuous trail. For example the "red trail" at the Badlands is this way; there are bypasses past everything and it doesn't feel like a trail at all.

Just my 2 cents!

Jim
          I agree with Jim also... If i remember right you could go around to the top of that trail anyway if you didn't want to run it...

So when are we going back ?
          sigpic
          chris hodges
          96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
          71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

• this is all got...
            Attached Files
            sigpic
            chris hodges
            96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
            71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

• I think Jim said it right, we can focus on making medium rated trails, you have to keep an open mind for everyone to wheel, a easy trail can turn medium quick in a rain shower and a medium can turn extreme in certain conditions also... There is gonna be something to offer everyone as time & effort moves forward. I'm hoping Mark & the land owner will give us another opportunity to help make Rush offroad park a great place for everyone to wheel.
              No need for a Winch...You just have to make it !!

Comment

• Here is some links to my videos. I think Shelby, and Heather have a few as well. Once they put them online I will put some links up to them as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So9v_DLL4-s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGwd5cJYEEc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb5GCR_7YU8
                UGLY OFFROAD

Comment

• Where in the park is the trial in that first video?

jim

Comment

• If i'm not mistaking, its off trail 11 on the 3 pole side, real close to Rock God and Cupcake. That whole hill side it littered with rocks.

Comment

• I want to go see that side next time!

Comment

• [QUOTE=mastiff;80040]If i'm not mistaking, its off trail 11 on the 3 pole side, real close to Rock God and Cupcake. That whole hill side it littered with rocks.[/QUOTE

if I remember correctly, it was basically on the back side of the hill from rock god. Some guys on SxS's cut it and came and got us to run it. The video doesn't do it justice. Video #2 is actually the same place, just a different exit.
                        UGLY OFFROAD

Comment

• Ok, that is the other trail i was wanting to work on.

Comment

• So did everyone agree on the name Hardcore for the new trail?

Comment

• I think so, but could we do CORE in caps?
                              DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
                              Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

• Sure can. Also, check out the banner photo on ror Facebook page.

Comment

Working...
                                X