X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I shootin fo Saturday morning
    SMITH BUILT PERIOD

Comment

I hope I can get to the stage of building the jeep for which it was originally designed. I want to be able to just load it up, wheel it hard and load it up again. I just ordered some Bilsteins that have to be installed before the 14th.

Saturday when it was 50 degF I cut some firewood for the campfire at Rush. Then I decided to check the furthest field back for down trees and found 3 down. That took the rest of the afternoon to clean up. I may wear out a chain saw before I even get to Rush.

With all this unplanned work I am almost afraid to nut and bolt the rig before the ride. You never know what you might find...
      Facta, non Verba. 2001 Wrangler
      2000 Wrangler TJ
      1967 CJ5A
      2004 Tow rig

Comment

My Brother and I will be there Friday night. 1 camper - 1 30' trailer and 2 rigs. C ya there. will be good to get back in the woods.
        Last edited by jeepmanjeff; 03-07-2014, 02:48 PM. Reason: 2 rigs
        sigpic

Keep them on all 4's

Comment

I will be there sometime Friday afternoon with two buggies. Is the place hard to find your way around? Do they have maps? We will be looking to either help others cut trails, or some direction as to areas that will be good for cutting trails.
          UGLY OFFROAD

Comment

Originally posted by uglyoffroad View Post
            I will be there sometime Friday afternoon with two buggies. Is the place hard to find your way around? Do they have maps? We will be looking to either help others cut trails, or some direction as to areas that will be good for cutting trails.
            There is a good gps map you can download. That's what we used the last time we were there. It worked out great. I don't think there is a paper map yet, but I could be wrong.

Comment

Figured I'd post up a link to the weather. Gonna be nice for working on trails, but cold for anyone camping.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenda...+USKY1297:1:US

Comment

Originally posted by uglyoffroad View Post
                I work at the park and will be working with you guys friday and saturday. There are paper maps at the trail head or gps tracks can be downloaded from the rushoffroad.com web site. The park is easy to find, it's about 15 minutes from the interstate. Here are the directions from the web page:

Follow I-64 East

Take exit 185 on I-64 Turn Right toward South 180/ St Rt 3 and drive 3.5 miles

Turn right on to Rt. 966(Trace Rd.) and drive .3 miles

Turn left just past the concrete bridge (Four Mile Rd.) and drive 2.3 miles. The road ends at the entrance for the park

From Huntington/Charleston, WV

Follow I-64 West Take exit 185 on I-64 Turn Left toward South 180/ St Rt 3 and drive 3.5 miles

Turn left just past the concrete bridge (Four Mile Rd.) and drive 2.3 miles. The road ends at the entrance for the park.

Look forward to meeting you guys this weekend!!

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. Looking forward too it.
                  UGLY OFFROAD

Comment

Originally posted by mastiff View Post
                    I work at the park and will be working with you guys friday and saturday. There are paper maps at the trail head or gps tracks can be downloaded from the rushoffroad.com web site. The park is easy to find, it's about 15 minutes from the interstate. Here are the directions from the web page:

Follow I-64 East

Take exit 185 on I-64 Turn Right toward South 180/ St Rt 3 and drive 3.5 miles

Turn left just past the concrete bridge (Four Mile Rd.) and drive 2.3 miles. The road ends at the entrance for the park

From Huntington/Charleston, WV

Follow I-64 West Take exit 185 on I-64 Turn Left toward South 180/ St Rt 3 and drive 3.5 miles

Turn left just past the concrete bridge (Four Mile Rd.) and drive 2.3 miles. The road ends at the entrance for the park.

Look forward to meeting you guys this weekend!!
                    Where do we check in/ pay etc?

Comment

At the very end of that description. They have a building/check in point right below the main parking lot on the right.
                      91 Ranger ext cab, 60, 14 bolt, 4:88's, 39.5's, doubler, lot's of character

Comment

All you guys need to do to get your permit is to stop in at the office, fill out the paperwork, tell Carole that you are with Core, and are here for the trail cutting ride. she will take care of it from there. The park owner and I appreciate you guys helping us out.

Comment

Still planning a little trail scouting Friday? If so, I'll shoot for a Friday 1200-1400 at the parking lot. I'm still planning to camp at least Saturday night.

Have chain saw, will travel...
                          Facta, non Verba. 2001 Wrangler
                          2000 Wrangler TJ
                          1967 CJ5A
                          2004 Tow rig

Comment

Flint, I will be there around 3 on Friday to show the guys the couple spots. Do you have any spots in mind?

Comment

Mark, I have the GPS track of the trail we made last time we were there. I need to get it to the person making the GPS map. The file is attached and named appropriately. It wiped out my door and window last time.

I would like to get this trail cleaned up while we're there.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 93 Krawler View Post
                                Mark, I have the GPS track of the trail we made last time we were there. I need to get it to the person making the GPS map. The file is attached and named appropriately. It wiped out my door and window last time.

I would like to get this trail cleaned up while we're there.
                                I think the trail i have in mind is the same one. we started working on it but didn't get it finished.

Comment

Working...
                                X