No announcement yet.

March 14-16 - Trail Cutting/ clearing @ Rush Offroad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mark, I should be there about 1300 and will find a camping spot. I'll link up with you by 3pm.

The only spot I can think of is a trail Mike, Bill B and I worked on over a year ago. It's on 11 not far from Rock God in a left hand curve but I'd have to see the trail entrance to ID it.
    Facta, non Verba. 2001 Wrangler
    2000 Wrangler TJ
    1967 CJ5A
    2004 Tow rig

Comment

We should be there around 2100ish.
      sigpic

Keep them on all 4's

Comment

Tic-toc!

Is anybody else still wrenchin? I ditched my mangled hatch and built a cheap bulkhead instead. Just got the cb antenna remounted, and still want to add a couple tiedowns to keep stuff in the now-open bed. I may even try to rehang my exhaust stub. But I'll be there!

Is it just me, Hodgie, Andy, and Kevin meeting at Meijer? Jeremy said "at the meeting place," but didn't say which one...

Accuweather is predicting a low of 43 Friday night, and 37 Saturday. I may try camping, knowing I can head into town if it stops being fun.

See everybody tomorrow!

Robert
        DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
        Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

Originally posted by WrenchMonkey View Post
          Tic-toc!

Is anybody else still wrenchin? I ditched my mangled hatch and built a cheap bulkhead instead. Just got the cb antenna remounted, and still want to add a couple tiedowns to keep stuff in the now-open bed. I may even try to rehang my exhaust stub. But I'll be there!

Is it just me, Hodgie, Andy, and Kevin meeting at Meijer? Jeremy said "at the meeting place," but didn't say which one...

Accuweather is predicting a low of 43 Friday night, and 37 Saturday. I may try camping, knowing I can head into town if it stops being fun.

See everybody tomorrow!

Robert
          My junk is loaded and ready to go. IMO, camping when 43 = no fun. It was nice not having to load all the camping crap. See ya'll tomorrow.

Comment

Mark, I'm not going to make Friday at all. My wife is sick and I need to pick up meds for her. I am hoping to make Saturday and I am reasonably confident I can get there about 0900-0930. I was looking forward to camping but I will need to be home so Saturday is better than nothing for the weekend.

I hope to see all the CORE crew Saturday.
            Facta, non Verba. 2001 Wrangler
            2000 Wrangler TJ
            1967 CJ5A
            2004 Tow rig

Comment

Originally posted by WrenchMonkey View Post
              Tic-toc!

See everybody tomorrow!

Robert
              I'm loaded and finishing up my packing now.

Comment

i ain't done crap yet ... i'll see ya at noon...

sigpic
                chris hodges
                96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
                71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

Originally posted by gothodgie View Post
                  i ain't done crap yet ... i'll see ya at noon...

Better hurry up slacker.

Comment

Have a safe trip there you all... Jim Busch & I will be there Saturday morning hopefully around 9am.... everyone try not to break their junk before we get there....
                    No need for a Winch...You just have to make it !!

Comment

• Originally posted by 93 Krawler View Post
                      Better hurry up slacker.
                      hey i resemble that remark..

sigpic
                      chris hodges
                      96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
                      71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

• Originally posted by Runoveru2 View Post
                        Have a safe trip there you all... Jim Busch & I will be there Saturday morning hopefully around 9am.... everyone try not to break their junk before we get there....
                        I did. :p
                        DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
                        Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

• Well I'm gonna start out with a few pictures so everyone can get a idea of how the day went at Rush Off Road park. Will give the story and more pics as soon as I can
                          Attached Files
                          No need for a Winch...You just have to make it !!

Comment

• So I'm guessing things got interesting after I left.

Comment

• Comment

• The Trail system at the park is coming together very nicely. Thanks again to Mark for setting up the trail clearing weekend and showing us around the park. With no greenery you can see rock everywhere!! With enough riding this place will be an amazing spot to ride. I highly recommend everyone try to get down there and see what it is about.

Trail cutting report:

The trail we cut, was partially opened by our group last fall. It comes off the main trail where you drop into a creek with a really cool smooth rock bottom, then you turn out of the creek up a tight ravine with some rocks and holes. It will flex out your suspension and get you far off camber. This will only get better as more people run it. It then flattens out into a little rock lined creek with some small climbs over tree stumps and roots. The creek then narrows so that you have to lay your rig over almost on its side (see Jimmy C in pictures above) to get to the exits. (we also cut in a bypass for this section if you have pretty body panels). Just before the exit there is a 5 ft rock pile in the creek to climb. The exit is a tall rocky climb that requires some momentum and some serious tires. There is 4 ft hole infront of a rock face 3/4 way up the exit (picture of Kevin rig above) Kevin gave all of us a show coming up this hill, getting both drivers side tires up in the air. The drivers front was at least 4 ft off the ground.

There are 2 other ravines that need to be opened to give optionally harder lines for the exit. Both are rock lined and look like they will be really fun once a few trees are removed.

to the left of nearly the whole trail is huge (1/4 mil long) rock shelf sticking out the side of the hill. There is potential to have lots of trails going up or down it ranging from mild to wild.

Ok, so we need to come up with a name for this trial. what are peoples Ideas.

I suggest Hard-Core

jim

Comment

Working...
                                X