No announcement yet.

CORE Ultimate Adventure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so were are all the stops big rock and haspin? or is it going to be a couple of more places like white cross farms and other local, november wpuld probaly be warm still it was the frist week last year
    98 xj 4.5" lift

Comment

I would have a better chance of being able to make it in Nov.
      Last edited by SixFtUnd; 09-03-2010, 06:44 AM.
      86 Ford Bronco

Comment

set a date I'm in , after all day at the dealer $$$$$$, alot of head scratching , and some guessing the rig is running great again. I got the 231 swapped in yesterday and all I have to do is make a new cross member and fab up the new front drive shaft. It will be in the woods this week end for test run number 2 ................

Comment

Lets see, if I can swap leafspring, build new front driveshaft, replace power steering hose, install ford 8.8.....................
          Romans 7-8

Comment

Originally posted by tjjeepjeep View Post
            Ok peeps. Are you serious about this? And when are we interested in it happening? October or November ? I'm wondering about Nov 6th...Too cold?
            Ooo, early-mid November the ThrillKiller may be in Houston... Cat's away, mice'll play...

I agree that driving it would be cool, but are you/we camping the whole time?

The XJ just isn't equipped to tote three days of food, beverages and gear.

Robert
            DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
            Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

My idea of roughing it is a hotel without room service....
              I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

I would love to do this. If everything works out, I am in.
                91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by sarge View Post
                  set a date I'm in , after all day at the dealer $$$$$$, alot of head scratching , and some guessing the rig is running great again. I got the 231 swapped in yesterday and all I have to do is make a new cross member and fab up the new front drive shaft. It will be in the woods this week end for test run number 2 ................
                  Well???? what was it?
                  91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

it was a combo , computer was frag'd and the fuel spider . What we think was the computer took a crap and slammed #3 so hard it stuck and caused a dead hole ...... went to the dealer with 3 cylinders and came home with five ...... put a new spider in it and it runs great . spent all day in the garage today and got all the loose ends buttoned up and I'm ready .....

Comment

So how many days ya'll thinking? Just a weekend run (Sat/Sun)? Or more?
                      I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

I would really like to tag along on this ride, but not as built as most. I think a Friday, Saturday and Sunday run would be fun. The Friday run could be a optional night run, because a lot of people would be getting in at different times.

Are there going to be general guidelines on how built your rig should be. I would kill the road section in my DD TJ, but would need a bypass on the harder stuff off road.

Comment

Initially getting a level of interest but seems like that is there. So now we're working on the specific details (who, what, where, when) but definitely plan on making it feasible for all levels of vehicles (my rig isn't locked).

How about CORE Almostimate Adventure ? :) (Thinking Tshirts and stickers)

Comment

After seeing the pictures and videos of the Big Rock ride over Labor Day , I am in for that part of the adventure. I may be limited to a single day, but hope to be part of this. The weekend of Nov. 5-7 was once mentioned. Is that still a go?

Even if I can do Haspin and the Big Rock, I WILL trailer the 3A between sites. My 3A does not have a cruising gear. 35 mph is about my cruising max.

This gives me a date to build some rock sliders by. Deadlines can be good.

John
                            sigpic1950 CJ3A. Oddfire 225 V6, T-86 transmission, Dana 18 transfer case, 4 wheel disc brakes, locked front and rear. Manual saginaw steering. Warn winch, 9,000#.

Comment

Yes planning it for 11/5-11/7. Still working on the where all we will invade.

Comment

Originally posted by tjjeepjeep View Post
                                ...How about CORE Almostimate Adventure ? :)
                                Do you really want to be able to abbreviate this subgroup within our community ---> AA? Dunno, maybe that was on purpose??

I dig the CORE UA concept... As a group, we're clearly higher on the trailering quotient than many... and for a variety of reasons (thanks for chiming in John... I can't get enough of that CJ-3a).

Completion of the CORE UA should be simple, run what you brung, fix what you break, no trailers, drive the whole thing... HOWEVER, exclusion of all others has never been our thing... if folks want to join in based on an approximate schedule (clearly subject to change) then I say that they are as welcomed to join in to enjoy some wheeling as any other trip...

Maybe we just hold the t-shirts/stickers for the finish line??

Just some thoughts to continue the conversation...
                                brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
                                Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X