No announcement yet.

CORE Ultimate Adventure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, looks like I'm in for Sat or Sun. I'll have to meet up with the group. Has anyone decided what park we'll be at on each day?

Comment

Originally posted by KennyTJ View Post
      OK, looks like I'm in for Sat or Sun. I'll have to meet up with the group. Has anyone decided what park we'll be at on each day?
      Nope. You coming to the meeting tonight? Gonna be a huge topic of discussion
      I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

Yep, I'll be there!

Comment

A School Board meeting prevents me from attending tonight. I look forward to reading the outcome of the discussion and participating in some of the adventure.

John
          sigpic1950 CJ3A. Oddfire 225 V6, T-86 transmission, Dana 18 transfer case, 4 wheel disc brakes, locked front and rear. Manual saginaw steering. Warn winch, 9,000#.

Comment

If a bunch of people are driving I think it would be very interesting. I have to work tonight but I will try for next month. This sounds fun.
            Last edited by itbrokeagain; 09-13-2010, 11:47 PM.
            91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

I think that if we are planning on driving lots of trail trucks from place to place, it would be a good idea to stay off the interstate and cruise around ~50 mph to make it more street friendly for everybody.

Comment

Originally posted by KargoMaster View Post
                I will have the opposite issue Tony, I have a 37" spare, and 39.5 IROKS... weird.

Looking forward to hearing more details about this thing tonight.

haha , all four of yours look like spares right now!!! sorry Brad had to....... we need to get that thing together would like to wheel with you...... but that would cause a issue of me not being able to borrow your trailer....
                Dont look @ me in that tone of voice or I WILL PUNCH YOU IN THE SHIRT! :mad:

Comment

I cannot make the entire Adventure due to other obligations, but I plan on being at Big Rock Sat. evening about dinnertime. I'll have the truck and trailer, so if anyone breaks down along the way I'm available. I plan on wheelin' all day Sunday at Big Rock.

We may even have the 1ton build on the YJ ready for a maiden voyage!

Comment

Know there's a lot of interest around this, so wanted to give you a quick update
                    from the meeting last night. Definitely moving forward with this. We are still
                    working out some details but we were able to get to a few decisions. Keeping in
                    mind this is our first year (hoping this becomes a repeat thing) and we can
                    grow/learn from this years. Wanted to keep travel to a minimum this year to
                    see how it all goes. Enough chatter:

Two day event - Sat 11/6 and Sun 11/7
                    Schedule overview:
                    Sat at Haspin Acres.
                    Sat eve: Travel to Big Rock Offroad Park
                    Dinner / Camping there
                    Run all day Sunday at Big Rock

Few notable rules/decisions for Event Participant:
                    no alcohol on trails
                    trailer rigs allowed
                    camping on site Sat night (no hotels)
                    attendance reqd both days/parks

Things we're working on and/or thinking about out loud:
                    Vehicle requirements (relax it'll be pretty basic, remember I wheel Macy's)
                    Participant registration to net you an event Tshirt and sticker (single day
                    participants wouldn't be eligible for this)
                    Grill out at Big Rock for everyone (maybe grill/meat item as part of
                    registration cost and everyone else bring other things?)
                    Still kinda need a name since Ultimate Adventure has assumptions built into it
                    (like no trailers)
                    Maybe a prize for worst break or best run either over both days or one per each
                    day? Could be tricky if we have multiple groups?

Like I said, still ironing out details....
                    I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

For a few of the rides/drivers a bathroom is important also. (aka maceys crawler)lol

Comment

Originally posted by krawlin85toy View Post
                        For a few of the rides/drivers a bathroom is important also. (aka maceys crawler)lol

Comment

Originally posted by tjjeepjeep View Post
                          WOW, no room service.....
                          well I guess we could work out fireside roomservice, but it'll cost ya!!!! the Pizza place in town does deliver to the park!

Comment

Originally posted by tjjeepjeep View Post
                            Originally posted by KennyTJ View Post
                            WOW, no room service.....
                            well I guess we could work out fireside roomservice, but it'll cost ya!!!! the Pizza place in town does deliver to the park!
                            You can't imagine how much it pained me to type that... I'll bet fireside roomservice is pricey

Comment

I should be out Saturday night and wheeling Sunday at big rock. I have to work Saturdays.

Comment

Originally posted by Hotwheels View Post
                                I should be out Saturday night and wheeling Sunday at big rock. I have to work Saturdays.
                                I'll be trailering down Sat. evening from Lebanon. Shoot me a PM and we can caravan down together, I'll be going right through Maineville.

Comment

Working...
                                X