CORE Ultimate Adventure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KargoMaster View Post
    Do you really want to be able to abbreviate this subgroup within our community ---> AA? Dunno, maybe that was on purpose??
    We are kinda like a 7 step program (some of us more than others)...I chuckled when I saw it. Hoped it would generate ideas...still waiting.

I honestly didn't know much about UA til Pater mentioned the idea and we started getting interest. I don't believe we're looking at an event that lays 100% to those rules which is why I tried a play on words to allow us the ability to deviate as we need to make it our own. As well as how competitive we're really gonna make this.

I have some ideas and have been working a few angles. But most is up in the air, so anyone interested in this thing feel free to attend our meeting Monday as we will decide a bunch of things regarding this at that time.

Sharing one angle: working on getting us onto some private land for the Saturday run so it's a unique experience ...
    I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

Are we ready for the 1st CORE Ultimate Adventure? I am! Lets go already! Smurfette will have reverse by then hopefully and the leaves will be on the ground and traction will be awesome plus the scenery will be spectacular as long as a box of Cheez-its is in my hands.
      sigpic

Comment

Nov.5th-7th works for me...

Nick
        Just a 200 dollar cherokee that wouldn't start ..
        Ten years later same chrome grille ..

Comment

all sounds good I'm Really Really Really going to try and make this the bronco seems to be running good wish I could get better tires but no repairs are planed before then

I hope I can make it through at least 1 day without braking anything (anything important anyway)
          86 Ford Bronco

Comment

Since I'm kinda new to the area...

How far all all these locations we're planning on going to/from each other?

Google maps?

November 5-7 should work fine for me... not sure about the Friday event, but Saturday-Sunday should be good to go

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander757 View Post
              Since I'm kinda new to the area...

How far all all these locations we're planning on going to/from each other?

Google maps?

November 5-7 should work fine for me... not sure about the Friday event, but Saturday-Sunday should be good to go
              1.5 hours is it! Gravy!!!
              sigpic

Comment

Years ago the group i ran around with used to do something like this.

We would meet in a campground Berea (i think) and camp on friday night then pack up Saturday morning and run the trails and few road miles mixed in and go to Livingston on saturday, camp(usually at night run too) and then wheel a little Sunday at Livingston. We did this for 3 or 4 years in a row in the mid 90's, but i think most of those trails are closed now.

Was always a good time... Maybe something similar to this might work...

chris
                p.s. remember it'll be gettin dark early....
                sigpic
                chris hodges
                96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
                71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

I like the idea of night wheeling Friday and day wheeling Saturday and Sunday:)

I like getting pictures and videos when I have the opportunity

Comment

i looked it up on yahoo maps if we start at haspin that is about 1.5 hours from here and then it's like 2.5 hours from there to big rock
                    86 Ford Bronco

Comment

Originally posted by SixFtUnd View Post
                      i looked it up on yahoo maps if we start at haspin that is about 1.5 hours from here and then it's like 2.5 hours from there to big rock
                      I'm trying to get locations in KY to minimize the drive time between locations..
                      I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

Originally posted by tjjeepjeep View Post
                        I'm trying to get locations in KY to minimize the drive time between locations..
                        Well, local wheeling doesn't get much more "local" than 491.

Although, for you guys, White Cross in Oxford might be closer:
                        http://www.cincyoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5200

Robert

Edit:
                        Lauel IN to Oxford OH: 30 miles and 50 minutes.
                        Oxford OH to DeMossville KY: 64 miles and an hour-twenty.
                        Demossville to Maysville: 51 miles, another hour-twenty.

Last edited by WrenchMonkey; 09-11-2010, 06:59 PM.
                        DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
                        Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

Sounds awesome! The wife hasn't said "no" yet

Got any links to "official"(or close to it!) websites for the wheeling places planned? What are the names of the places in Demossville and Maysville?

Comment

I am good for the nov. dates. aslong as we dont brake in harlan again..... so wouldnt hold my breath!
                            Dont look @ me in that tone of voice or I WILL PUNCH YOU IN THE SHIRT! :mad:

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander757 View Post
                              Got any links to "official"(or close to it!) websites for the wheeling places planned? What are the names of the places in Demossville and Maysville?
                              Haspin Acres in Laurel: http://haspinacres.com/

491 in DeMossville: http://www.bills491offroad.com

BigRock in Maysville: http://www.bigrockoffroadpark.com

Robert
                              DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
                              Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

Sounds like fun...

How strict is Big Rock on having a full-size spare?

I have freaking 40s on a Jeep... I'm not got any room for carrying a flippin' spare. I've got a ton of tire plugs though

From the looks of it most all of those parks are nothing but mud(not too fond of it)... what the hell are you going to cut a tire on

It looks like I'll only be able to meet you guys for Saturday at 491... which looks pretty awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X