CORE Ultimate Adventure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flatlander757 View Post
    How strict is Big Rock on having a full-size spare?

I have freaking 40s on a Jeep... I'm not got any room for carrying a flippin' spare. I've got a ton of tire plugs though
    Well, they do sell carriers...

I don't think Duke would give you a hard time, and I don't know if CORE has a hard and fast rule about it.

But personally, I'm a pretty big fan of going prepared. I (and most others) carry spare axleshafts, driveshafts, ujoints, unibearings, fluids, sensors, etc etc. I'd feel plain naked without a spare tire.

You never expect the worst, but just how would you drag it out of the woods on three tires? And I think you said you sold the tow rig before the move, how would you then drag it home?

Your call, I guess, but I like a little more insurance.

Robert
    DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
    Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

Originally posted by WrenchMonkey View Post
      Well, they do sell carriers...

I don't think Duke would give you a hard time, and I don't know if CORE has a hard and fast rule about it.

But personally, I'm a pretty big fan of going prepared. I (and most others) carry spare axleshafts, driveshafts, ujoints, unibearings, fluids, sensors, etc etc. I'd feel plain naked without a spare tire.

You never expect the worst, but just how would you drag it out of the woods on three tires? And I think you said you sold the tow rig before the move, how would you then drag it home?

Your call, I guess, but I like a little more insurance.

Robert
      Yeah, I carry all the spare fluids and about 300lbs of tools and crap when I wheel...

They DO sell carriers but the plan for me is to get a house, then get another tow-rig, then get a spare tire and keep that on the tow rig.

These tires are thick as hell too... they're not like BFG A/Ts or something.

I PMed "BigRock" on here about the rule... if I'm not allowed it's no big deal, I definitely understand.

As for dragging home... I have $900 of towing coverage through my insurance company... as long as I can drag it to the road I'm fine :)

Comment

I have no spare and wheel there.... as long as you can get your rig out before dark and Duke doesnt have to deal with it you should be cool. he doesnt like check you to see if you brought one, rules at local off road parks are more guide lines than rules...... at least from my experiance, dont act like a ass and you wont get treated as one.
        Dont look @ me in that tone of voice or I WILL PUNCH YOU IN THE SHIRT! :mad:

Comment

The 9th i can do, going out of town the weekend of the 23rd. Is there an option to meet up on saturday morning at haspen then again on sunday morning. My better half doesn't do the camping thing.

Jon
          Jon

Comment

my fault i missed pages 2 and 3. I can do Nov. 5 weekend. Other items still apply, if i go by myself i can camp, if i bring the rest of the crew we can meet you there. If we go to a hotel, we might as well run home and meet ya at big rock. Is this set in stone yet?
            Jon

Comment

Originally posted by Red Dog View Post
              Is this set in stone yet?
              Only thing set in stone is the date. We're definitely doing something at a couple places. Still deciding the places and rules associated. More at the meeting and will publish details.
              I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

I would like to go. What is the deal on trailers? I drove mine on 275 for the first time in about 8 years yesterday. 60 was my absolute max. I am up for no trailer as long as others are too. Makes it more ultimate!!!!! My spare will be a 39.5 Irok. Will look funny with 37s but oh well.
                91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

I am there! My wife already told me she is NOT camping. I guess she's staying home. I will be back often to check on more details

Thanks,

Jon
                  Jon

Comment

I'm really excited about the 491... no drunks and seems like a sweet place to wheel

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander757 View Post
                      I'm really excited about the 491... no drunks and seems like a sweet place to wheel
                      Honestly, you may be a little bored in your rig at 491. A lot of it is pretty mild. I have to look for (ie: make up) stuff to challenge mine on 35s.

We'll show you some stuff at BigRock if you can get out there...

Robert

Comment

I am in. I need to do a nice long drive to see what happens.
                        91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by itbrokeagain View Post
                          What is the deal on trailers?
                          My plan is to allow trailered rigs. Know too many CORE members who couldn't attend because their rig isn't highway capable.

Honestly didn't have 491 in my brain since last I remember hearing they didn't have parking room for trailers. (Robert did this change)
                          I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

Originally posted by tjjeepjeep View Post
                            Robert did this change?
                            Yes, they are trailer-capable now, though the lot isn't especially trailer-friendly.

It's all dirt and loose gravel, and just inclined enough to give some two-wheel-drive tow rigs trouble.

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by WrenchMonkey View Post
                              Yes, they are trailer-capable now, though the lot isn't especially trailer-friendly.

It's all dirt and loose gravel, and just inclined enough to give some two-wheel-drive tow rigs trouble.

Robert
                              Thanks for the update...See you tonight

Comment

Originally posted by itbrokeagain View Post
                                ...My spare will be a 39.5 Irok. Will look funny with 37s but oh well.
                                I will have the opposite issue Tony, I have a 37" spare, and 39.5 IROKS... weird.

Looking forward to hearing more details about this thing tonight.
                                brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
                                Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X