No announcement yet.

March 14-16 - Trail Cutting/ clearing @ Rush Offroad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm tentatively putting this on my schedule. Haven't been out since late summer and the boys are done with basketball at the end of February.

Comment

I curious about the turn out for camping. Mostly, will be club be staying in campers or tents? My plan it to throw my backpack in the tow rig and when it's time to setup camp... lay out my sleeping bag.
      Facta, non Verba. 2001 Wrangler
      2000 Wrangler TJ
      1967 CJ5A
      2004 Tow rig

Comment

I've been meaning to ask about facilities. I assume it's pretty much roughing it? Mastiff?

I sleep in the back of my Burban tow rig, but we do get guys in tents and guys in campers. It's a motley crew!

Robert
        DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
        Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

It's pretty much roughing it.
          91 Ranger ext cab, 60, 14 bolt, 4:88's, 39.5's, doubler, lot's of character

Comment

i will either be sleeping in a tent or the back of my truck, just depends on the temps...

sigpic
            chris hodges
            96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
            71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

Originally posted by Redriverranger View Post
              It's pretty much roughing it.
              you gonna make it that weekend?
              sigpic
              chris hodges
              96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress

Comment

Dang, I'm on call that weekend.....
                Romans 7-8

Comment

Mastiff,

I created a event for this on FB too... I hope you don't mind... I figured it would maybe peak some more interest...

sigpic
                  chris hodges

Comment

All they have are porta-lets. I'll be sleeping in the back of my van.

Comment

Originally posted by gothodgie View Post
                      you gonna make it that weekend?
                      I kinda doubt it. I have a plan to be at Golden Mountain the following weekend, or I would definitely be in for some trail cleaning/cutting.
                      91 Ranger ext cab, 60, 14 bolt, 4:88's, 39.5's, doubler, lot's of character

Comment

I'm going to try to make it. Have some TLC to do on the toyota first. If I go, we'll have a 30' box that a few people can crash in.
                        JT Jones

83 Toyota - beater
                        87 Toyota Truggy

Comment

Originally posted by Redriverranger View Post
                          I kinda doubt it. I have a plan to be at Golden Mountain the following weekend, or I would definitely be in for some trail cleaning/cutting.
                          Yea i want to get back to GMP sometime soon too...

sigpic
                          chris hodges

Comment

I will be back at gmp soon also. I have my kids that weekend but I would love to go. We will see
                            91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

All camping is primitive. There are plans on building a shower house but they had to put on the back burner. Park owner had to have the road crossing redone to make the state happy. Also, there is a KOA campground a short drive from the park.

Comment

Originally posted by mastiff View Post
                                Also, there is a KOA campground a short drive from the park.
                                80 KOA Lane
                                Argillite KY 41121

http://m.koa.com/campgrounds/ashland/

For what it's worth, that's 12 miles and 21 minutes from the park.

Holiday Inn Express in Ashland is 8 miles and 15 minutes, with a bbq joint and chain restaurants in walking distance...
                                Last edited by WrenchMonkey; 02-15-2014, 09:32 PM.
                                DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
                                Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

Working...
                                X