Grand Cherokee 1 ton build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cincygman View Post
    It would be cool to get a pic of the cousins side by side when you get it rolling.....
    We have to get all three together for a family pic lol. We did 6in long arm, cut rockers, frame stiffeners, built front and rear bumpers, v8 swap, rear dana 44, spartan lockers front and rear and 35in mtrs. It's 98% done will be heading to Harlan in a few week for a test run
    Attached Files

Comment

Whacko, you did the Rough Country kit also? Love the wheels I finally got my rocker guards on last month after welding them up last year Couldn't believe it but could actually feel that the grand was stiffer with them.
      Romans 7-8

Comment

Didn't take profile pic yet but....
        Attached Files
        Romans 7-8

Comment

Ok I'm bored....
          Attached Files
          Romans 7-8

Comment

Yea we did rough country. It is amazing how much the body moves. I remember flexing my xj and not being able to close the doors

Comment

the long arms make such a huge difference though in flex. I noticed that it was stiffer just driving on the street, XJ made all kinda noise on the trails.....
              Romans 7-8

Comment

Originally posted by cmartin View Post
                Cincygman I have a question for you.

Did you take any ride height measurements before you lifted yours? Just curious what the frame height was before lifted? Or height now with how much lift?

Thanks
                i can get stock measurements off mine if you would like.
                beat up rusted out k5

Comment

Originally posted by underpowered View Post
                  i can get stock measurements off mine if you would like.
                  If you don't mind just a quick measurement from ground to frame between the front and back door. The ride height we have set it at is 24½ now. Just didn't know if it will be enough or to much. Doing some figuring on my coil buckets

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by whacko810 View Post
                    Yea we did rough country. It is amazing how much the body moves. I remember flexing my xj and not being able to close the doors
                    You cant close the doors even with the frame stiffners?? I hope I stiffened mine up enough!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Whacko, you did the Rough Country kit also? Love the wheels I finally got my rocker guards on last month after welding them up last year Couldn't believe it but could actually feel that the grand was stiffer with them.
                      How long are your guys' lower links? I am making my rears 48" center to center

Comment

I put mine to what ever the instructions for the 4" kit. Seems like it was around 37.5 but that was over a year ago. Could have been 49, I don't know. maybe I will look up the install specs.... I do remember that if you move it too far back. you will have interference with the track bar and or the gas tank.
                        Romans 7-8

Comment

I put mine to what ever the instructions for the 4" kit. Seems like it was around 37.5 but that was over a year ago. Could have been 49, I don't know. maybe I will look up the install specs.... I do remember that if you move it too far back. you will have interference with the track bar and or the gas tank.
                          OK I was just curious what was considered a long arm kit. I am either moving the gas tank up into the cargo area a little and building a new floor or going with a cell in the cargo area haven't decided yet. I moved the axle back and the tank can't stay in the stock location anyway

Comment

Was supposed to say 39, not 49.....

If I end up having this rig long enough to get bored with it running on 32's, and go to 35's, I would push the axles out the front and back also but that is a lot more work and mods. I guess that's why we do this stuff anyway so maybe someday.......
                            Romans 7-8

Comment

Can't get any work done when you invite your buddies over to help you work on this turd and then decide to take an all trip to the zoo.

Comment

Originally posted by jlynch View Post
                                Can't get any work done when you invite your buddies over to help you work on this turd and then decide to take an all trip to the zoo.
                                I got tons done with NO help
                                Hahaha
                                You could have had burgers and beer but you didnt show up

Comment

Working...
                                X