No announcement yet.

Grand Cherokee 1 ton build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better put a notch in the oil pan! It is amazing how things that should not contact each other find a way to contact somehow. The rig is getting big!
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm really liking how it is coming together. I hope if the bar notches the oil pan it only goes up a little with no leaks. :)

Comment

looking good!
        SMITH BUILT PERIOD

Comment

Originally posted by 94Dodge Truggy View Post
          Better put a notch in the oil pan!
          x2... I don't believe that finger distance will be enough for deflection of the whole assembly... good news is that it will "self clearance" fairly easily, the bad news is that the potential damage to an oil pickup could cause serious problems down the trail...

Just my opinion...

Looking great!
          brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
          Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KargoMaster View Post
            x2... I don't believe that finger distance will be enough for deflection of the whole assembly... good news is that it will "self clearance" fairly easily, the bad news is that the potential damage to an oil pickup could cause serious problems down the trail...

Just my opinion...

Looking great!
            X3... I thought I had enough room between my oil pan and my steering ram, but after bottoming the front end hard a few times it made a nice imprint in the pan. Luckily, no leaks.

Comment

We built the jeep at ride height. I cut the upper pan hard bracket to fit with the numbers. I guess missing the oil pan was a bonus on the first try. I'll keep an eye on it but will need to order another one to get it to mount in a lower hole. Thanks for the input

Comment

Reason why this isn't done yet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lazy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	71331

Comment

Hahahahaha it was break time

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk now Free

Comment

:)

That explains a lot.....

Comment

After some prying and pulling was able to split the 249 and get out the input and planetary. The 231 was a lot easier to split. It already had a 6 gear planetary that I could use with my input shaft. Cleaned it up and put it back together. Hope to put it up in the jeep in the next few days

Thanks to huntingmatt418 joe and rolf
                      Attached Files

Comment

Had to order the transfer case to trans studs. I couldn't get the ones out of my 249. So the new case to go in this week.

Got the disk brakes on the 14 bolt.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Cut the fenders last night. I like the back but rethinking the front. Got some inner fender area to cut out and rebox in the front behind the head lights. The battery box and air box will need moved. Thanks to the guys who came and hung out yesterday
                          Attached Files

Comment

Ordered a custom fuel cell from RCI. It is the 30*12*9 but I had them not put in the sending unit or pick up lines on it. I bought a fuel cell adapter ring from genright that uses the stock jeep sender with the In tank pump and regulator.
                            Attached Files

Comment

A few pics of the fender and door on the passenger side after the cut. I started the fill in process. After a lot of trimming and fitting I got the fill in piece to fit and filled. Not to bad since I hadn't ever worked sheet metal before.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Got the door sealed up and the inner fender finished at the bottom.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X