No announcement yet.

Grand Cherokee 1 ton build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The way I plated the frame in front the plate sits even with the bottom of the frame. I originally did it that way so the radiator wouldn't be blocked by the winch. I haven't committed to the winch mount yet. I am going to build the exo around it and see how it goes.

We will definitely get together for some ZJ wheeling. I hope to have it finished in June

Comment

• The Easter Bunny came early. He ordered me parts earlier this week. Hahahaha

The fuel rail adapter fitting is
      Russell efi push on 5/16" the sending unit end is ⅜". It was out of stock and will be here around Wednesday

It looks purdy on there

Fuel line

The adapter fitting from the cylinder to hydro lines x2

Last edited by cmartin; 04-20-2014, 12:59 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by cmartin View Post
        I hope to have it finished in June
        Not a chance in hell this will be finished by then.

Comment

• Originally posted by jlynch View Post
          Not a chance in hell this will be finished by then.
          June 30th is still June. ;) Hahahaha

Comment

• Been a long time since an update. The wife got her new house and we close on thurs. So guess what stopped getting my time. Yep the build. With that being said.

Got the fuel cell mounted and plumbed for the most part. Had to wait on the sending unit fitting for 3 weeks.

Also decided to go all stainless braided for the brake lines from the valve to the axle side t. A lot easier to run.

Comment

• Got the jeep over to the new house last week. Gonna get all the steering plumbed,fuel buttoned up,and battery lines ran to the back. Start of the to do list.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Chicken Fry!!!!?????

Comment

• Originally posted by walker View Post
                  Chicken Fry!!!!?????
                  I doubt it [emoji24] once I get all that stuff done I have shocks and drive shafts before it will be mobile at the bare minimum. So I wish chicken fry. Snow ball run will probably be a stretch. But if it's done, full interior with heated seats will definitely be an upgrade from the open cj5. Hahaha

Comment

• ^^^^^^^thanks^^^^^ it seems like once you get one thing done you realize there are two more that you need to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by cmartin View Post
                      I doubt it [emoji24] once I get all that stuff done I have shocks and drive shafts before it will be mobile at the bare minimum. So I wish chicken fry. Snow ball run will probably be a stretch. But if it's done, full interior with heated seats will definitely be an upgrade from the open cj5. Hahaha
                      Definitely an upgrade Hope to see it on the trails soon. Looks great.

Comment

• Got it done sooner than I thought. Hope I fit inside it. HahHahah [emoji12]

I know it was already on the Internet but we had an extra pumpkin and I was feeling creative.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Made a really big dent in the list. This weekend. Hydro lines ran and mounted. Fuel line finished and mounted. Brake lines ran and secured from prop valve to axle T.

Last edited by cmartin; 11-05-2014, 07:40 AM.

Comment

• Also got the headlights put on. The old headlight grill support was broken and when I took it off to mount the cooler it broke in half.

If I don't say so it is looking good and like a jeep again. I feel better just having the grill and lights on

Comment

• Got the rock sliders up on stands

Front stand off mount

Front two are straight. 3 and 4 mounts needed bent

All the bars

Hope to have them mocked up and welded by tomorrow night

Comment

• Got a lot done this past weekend. Prepping the slider.

Finish welded the tube to the slider and primed and painted

Mounted up

Chose silver hammered paint that will be the color of the exo too

Comment

Working...
                                X