Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cincygman View Post
    Was supposed to say 39, not 49.....

If I end up having this rig long enough to get bored with it running on 32's, and go to 35's, I would push the axles out the front and back also but that is a lot more work and mods. I guess that's why we do this stuff anyway so maybe someday.......
    They are never done :)

Comment

Originally posted by cmartin View Post
      They are never done :)
      I know.......
      Romans 7-8

Comment

Finished the rear links today. Ready to put on some brackets. Hopefully rear will be done soon. Still have some spring issues. But things are moving nicely for how busy I have been
        Attached Files

Comment

Looking Good! should be pretty stout but then mine are 1/4 wall dom and I managed to bend a lower rear last year.......
          Romans 7-8

Comment

Originally posted by cmartin View Post
            If you don't mind just a quick measurement from ground to frame between the front and back door. The ride height we have set it at is 24½ now. Just didn't know if it will be enough or to much. Doing some figuring on my coil buckets

Thanks
            Ground to frame where front/rear doors meet is 15" with 2" lift and 31" tires on my 1998 Grand. so roughly 13" bone stock.
            beat up rusted out k5

Comment

Originally posted by cincygman View Post
              Looking Good! should be pretty stout but then mine are 1/4 wall dom and I managed to bend a lower rear last year.......
              Wow thats what my lowers are is 2" .250 wall. Seems hard to believe that they would bend with how heavy they are

Comment

Well the Grand is pretty heavy in stock trim and I was hitting a water fall climb pretty hard. Made it up though.....
                Romans 7-8

Comment

2" 250 wall, dont make links over 40" for lowers or u askin to bend them
                  SMITH BUILT PERIOD

Comment

Originally posted by twiztedzuki View Post
                    2" 250 wall, dont make links over 40" for lowers or u askin to bend them
                    Correct!! Green s10 I built bent a rear one and they right at 40" of tube... Swapping out for 2.5" by .5" wall now
                    S10 with a few air shocks..

Comment

Originally posted by underpowered View Post
                      Ground to frame where front/rear doors meet is 15" with 2" lift and 31" tires on my 1998 Grand. so roughly 13" bone stock.
                      Thanks that means I'm at 11" higher +- right now. May need to lower it some

Comment

Got the rear mocked in last night. Thanks to huntingmatt418 and joe. Everything looked good and ready to burn in. Until the test flex when the jack slide out from underneath the jeep and it slammed back down on the jack stands. Luckily no one was in its path. Seemed to flex good
                        Attached Files

Comment

You gonna build this thing or just sit and look at it? June was the finish date and we are headed into August

Comment

Jeep

At some point, is there going to be building going on in your build thread?? Just asking.

Comment

The build has stopped. The project is for sale as is.

Comment

Wow
                                Romans 7-8

Comment

Working...
                                X