Grand Cherokee 1 ton build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard to rush perfection and laziness.

Got the the rear finally finish welded and painted around the brackets. Gonna put the links back in hopefully for the last time and have it sitting on its own weight.

I acquired a 4x8 sheet of steel that I'm gonna use for plating the front of the frame. If I do it right should go pretty fast. At least before jay-bird sells it hahaha

Comment

Have got alot done here lately. The plate has made this easier. Got the pieces cut out and the passenger side bottom plate and outside plate bent and welded in. Just have to weld the bends up. Moving over to the driver side then going to do the inside plates. ( haven't cut them out yet )
      Attached Files

Comment

Got all my parts for the front end and disc brake brackets for the 14 bolt
        Attached Files

Comment

FINALLY THE FRAME IS DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          :beer: :) :beer:

Frame plating is done. The front end is set in and running the numbers on the 3 link thanks to huntingmatt. Man there's a lot to pack in a small area
          Made some progress with the transfer case swap, the one I bought should work. Gonna be building links this week and hope to have them in soon. Then steering and fuel.
          Attached Files

Comment

Chicken Fry?

Comment

Originally posted by walker View Post
              Chicken Fry?
              That's the goal. I think it will be wheel able just don't know if it will have all the final touches by then

Comment

Originally posted by walker View Post
                Chicken Fry?
                for those who do not know that is the first weekend in Nov.

Comment

:)

Chicken fry next year maybe

Comment

Originally posted by huntingmatt418 View Post
                    Your turd may be done and we both can go next year

Comment

Originally posted by huntingmatt418 View Post

Cmartin this must b your one friend that is single and has a cake job and no responsibilities to anyone and eat sleeps And breathes in his garage and gives all his friends crap cause they can't do a ground up jimmy smith buggy build in 3 days... Lmfao

I got few o those friends lol
                      S10 with a few air shocks..

Comment

Originally posted by humpy View Post
                        Cmartin this must b your one friend that is single and has a cake job and no responsibilities to anyone and eat sleeps And breathes in his garage and gives all his friends crap cause they can't do a ground up jimmy smith buggy build in 3 days... Lmfao

I got few o those friends lol

Hahahahahahahaha

Comment

Got a lot done here lately. The spring buckets on and gusseted. All the 3 link bars made and tacked in. Test flexed without the springs. Panhard bar has a finger width clearance under the oil pan at full bump. No binding issues I could see. Put springs back in and cut the driverside rear fender out. Hopefully have the tires on today and test flex with everything on. :beer:
                          Attached Files

Comment

A few more
                            Attached Files

Comment

Test flex went good. Took it up 20". That was all the farther I felt comfortable doing with a jack under the tire.
                              Still had plently of room to go with the springs. But need a lot of trimming on the rear outside fenders. And I took the door trim off. I like the clean look without them
                              Attached Files

Comment

Man that thing turned into a beast. Nice work!

And you're right about the trim. I dont think I've seen one stripped down before, it does look alot better...

Robert
                                DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
                                Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

Working...
                                X