No announcement yet.

Grand Cherokee 1 ton build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also got my fuel cell I ordered from RCI. Looks good. Plenty of room for the genright adapter
    Attached Files

Comment

Got the genright adapter ring installed tonight. I used a ¼" drill bit for the holes and a jig saw with a metal blade for the big hole. I also put masking tape down to protect the cell.

The gasket maker I used. Seemed thin but got sticky quick

Put together

If anyone uses this adapter put the gasket in the adapter NOT on the sender. Ask me how I know. :mad:
      All installed

Comment

Been trying to get back at it after the holidays and cold weather. Got the inner fender on passenger side almost done.

Rough fit

Also got all the fittings and steering column adapter. Hope to finish all of the steering up soon.

Comment

Got the fender well welded in

All boxed in

Cut the trim panel to fit. Don't know if I like where the pocket was since I had to cut it out. O well I want to have the trim in. At least from behind the seatbelt forward.

Comment

Got the jeep spun around in the garage this past weekend. Now I can start on the driver side rear fender.

Took a break on the fenders to work on the steering a little bit. Got the new pump.

Made templates for the orbital mount. Plan on using the steering gear mounting holes to bolt the mount to the frame

And cut the steering shaft so it will slip in and out. It was pressed at the stock length. Grinded off the pressed part and now it slips

Stock length 21"

Collapsed to 16"

Also had to file a little on the inner shaft cause it had some kind of a coating that made it to tight to slip easy.

Comment

Got the bracket for the orbital made up. It was harder than I thought it would be to fit it in there. It ended making the steering shaft a little closer to the header than I wanted but ended up good. If I would have angled it the orbital lines would have ran close to the belt.

The reason for the bracket. The unibody has an offset where the steering box was.

Test fit

All mounted up

Ran wire for the lengths of the hydro lines. Got them all mocked up.

May run this one in front of the upper bracket. But there is more room than it looks.

Comment

Looks good nerd.

Comment

Back on the fenders. Got the fuel door opening closed up. The opening had a rolled lip that made it easy to fit the filler piece in and weld. I completely welded the outside and put a lot of tacks on the inside on that lip.

The inside

Comment

Got the rear fenders done. The trim panel is trimmed.

How I think I'm going to set the tank. To keep room for the batteries. If they don't fit on the other side I'll center the tank.

Passenger side

When I get my battery boxes I'll see if they fit in the extra space. If not I'll back up and punt and try something else with them.

Comment

It's no white jeep bud, but looking good!!! I can't help but admire my handy work hahaha.......

Comment

• Originally posted by huntingmatt418 View Post
                        It's no white jeep bud, but looking good!!! I can't help but admire my handy work hahaha.......
                        I hear you bud.

Still waiting on the battery boxes to show up but I splurged a little on the fuel cell. New artec hold down brackets.

Comment

• Got the front driver side fender done for the most part last night.

Stock

After cut out

Inside fender

From engine compartment

All painted up

Comment

• Passenger side.......what a mess. There is the fuse box-cruise control-a/c lines-hell there is even a battery temp sensor in the tray I have to figure out what to do with. :mad:

All the crap loose and out of the way

Comment

• All fenders are reboxed and painted.

Pass side engine bay. I plan on a high amp junction box for the hot leads.

And some fun stuff begins

Started laying out the winch plate and how to mount it. All the exo cage will tie in at the bumper and stinger in front.

Also got all the steering lines made at a local shop. Great prices and good people. Eagle equipment in franklin.

Last edited by cmartin; 03-31-2014, 03:02 PM.

Comment

• That winch plate looks like it sits kinda low but i guess your rig sits a lot higher than mine. My winch plate will be even with the top of the bumper cover to maintain as much approach angle as possible. I might have it mounted by June if I'm lucky......

Still a real good looking build, hope we can get the twins together sometime this year?
                                Romans 7-8

Comment

Working...
                                X