No announcement yet.

Grand Cherokee 1 ton build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also sanded and primed the rocker so it will be ready once the paint will spray

Last edited by cmartin; 12-03-2014, 11:38 PM.

Comment

• Went with running the battery cables from rear cargo area to engine bar thru frame. Ran two 1/0 wires sleeved in 5/8 heater hose

Unknown pain in the a$$ job this became. The unibody and dog house were two separate pieces. Had to cut an access hole in floor and cut away some metal so we could feed it from one to the other.

Flipped back up part of the cut out. Will cover with a piece of sheet metal and rtv

Where the lines came up in cargo area

Engine bay wired up. Extra wire ran for future 2nd battery

Comment

• Got some fluid for my steering today.

got measurements on hard break lines too. Hope to start this thing up in a week or 2. [emoji120]

Comment

• Got my new battery yesterday. Optima 34/78. Mounted one of the artec boxes I got off mall crawlin. The cargo area is finished minus wiring up the battery.

Comment

• Originally posted by Waffle
            I like that fuel cell mount! Looks sharp.
            Thanks. I thought it was worth it overall. It made it look cleaner and more finished. Way better than some straps that I would have made. Haha

Comment

• It is really close. Big milestone tonight. I got all the wiring done and exhaust done. Started it for the first time in almost 2 years. I had a little problem with the frame ground but found it a little loose.

Pass side start

No pics from that to full y pipe.

anti plug fowler cut in half became my new weld in bung.

This connects to y pipe with a full clamp so it can come off. I won't have to drop the cross member to get the exhaust out.

And there was 3 different lengths of o2 sensor wires. I got the longest 24" long. Had plenty of room and had to put a loop in it to keep it off the pipes.

Comment

• Waiting on my conversion joint for the rear drive shaft at the 14 bolt. It should be in tomorrow. Then that will go in. Still need to build the front shaft but will be able to move it under its own power. I have the hard lines for the rear breaks but need to do the front. Then paint and exo. Then I will do shocks so I can get the right size for shocks/bumps at ride height. Looking good for spring unveiling.

Comment

• https://vimeo.com/118452893

Comment

• Look up nerd or homo in any dictionary and you will see a picture of your smiling face.

Comment

• Got alot done since my last post.

My boy helping me install u joints and even helped install the rear drive shaft.

Last shot before the exo cage starts.

Comment

• All my test bends

Used pieces of a 2x4 to keep my spacing the same.

I need to work the last angle more but that bar will bend back to the fender or over to the bumper too. Haven't decided yet.

Comment

• Can't wait to see this beast rolling and get some pics together! Looking good
                          Romans 7-8

Comment

• Thanks. looking forward to it.

Made an executive decision and cut the back of the cage off. Didn't like it and it stuck to far off the body.

I got it tighter to the body and actually have more room to open the hatch now. Shortened the bar behind the rear doors and got the bar to follow the body line better. Just have the front end and bumper and the cross bars on the roof and it's done. [emoji2]

Comment

• Man, what a beast....
                              Romans 7-8

Comment

• Yes indeed awesome build.
                                Facta, non Verba. 2001 Wrangler
                                2000 Wrangler TJ
                                1967 CJ5A
                                2004 Tow rig

Comment

Working...
                                X