No announcement yet.

Grand Cherokee 1 ton build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks guys. It really is coming together now. It's the home stretch. Tried moving it today and that didn't go to good. Ended up the transmission was 3 quarts low. I changed the filter and fluid and put back in what O'Reilly said. Guess it was low or not enough. First time I have had breaks to shift gears against.
    Front end stance

Back is almost done. Just a few bars to add after it goes back on after paint.

Top from drivers rear.

Comment

• Also got all the welding I could reach done. Will finish the body side once it comes off

Waiting on the stinger to get here from a buddy of a buddy. And will get the fender bars and bumper done.
      Last edited by cmartin; 04-12-2015, 10:11 PM.

Comment

• Got alot done. Thanks huntingmatt for the help.

Thinking about trimming the corners off and plating at the same angle as the upper bars. Don't know tho

Still a few more bars and gussets and bars to go but may be done until it comes off for final weld.

Comment

• Plan is to take the mirrors and the grill and headlight housing off for paint anyway and lift the front up and take it out the back. Hopefully it is wide enough to get it off. Fingers crossed

Comment

• Wasn't as bad as we thought it would be. Lifted right off without the headlight panel on and with some muscle it came off. Rubbed the front fenders a little. We will have to have blankets over the jeep and rags over the bars to protect the new paint.

All bars on and ready to come off.

Ready to come off

Took it to the old house for final weld and maybe paint.

Comment

• Got alot done since last update. Body work has been done to my ability. D/A the whole thing down to metal in spots and got all the bad spots out. Winshield is out and back glass out.

Painted the front springs and retainer plates. And lowered the lower coil mounts 2 inches. They were temperairly tacked in to high.

Jams done

Comment

• Ready for the paint booth and hopefully weather permitting it will go there tomorrow

Comment

• Loaded up and taken to the paint shop.

Hoping for for early next week getting it back.

Comment

• Got it back today. The pics don't give the color justice. Kold steel kustomz in Middletown did a great job with a al the moisture problems we had. So over the rain.

In sealer.

1st coat of green.

2nd coat.

Done and sunning it's self outside.

At home in the garage.

Gonna pull it out tomorrow and start putting the trim back on. Hope to have it together in 2 weeks and take it to the day at the farm on the 25th for my first ride in it. Hope to see some of you all there.

Comment

• Been a while since an update. It is wheel able now.

The cage on

Only thing putting the cage back on. One of my helpers had a wedding ring on and the cage pinned it between the cage and door.

Repainted the beadlocks rings and re sealed the beads. Also added 14 Oz of bbs in the tires to balance them.

Winch roller fairlead plate.

My helpers washing it.

A little flex shot

Trying to find the coolant leak

Found it. Day ending radiator Crack made it off the trails and on the trailer.

Made it home.

Comment

Working...
                      X