Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carwash Crawler - Build Thread... again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, it's running great now with a borrowed mixer. So, I'm on the search for an older style 450 like i have, or a nicely tuned 425. I will steal Jeff's for as long as he will allow tho. Still using more pane than i would like, so i need to run the power valve in a few turns i think.

Got it all decaled up last night with the help of Byron and Ted. So, imma call it done at this point... still some piddly **** to do, but nothing worth posting up on any threads... Coolant reservoir, modify throttle pedal, blah blah blah... See you on the trail.

Comment

• what is the weight
      For you guys who can't drive, I have owned a frame rack for several years. Prices are based on your skill and ability to wreck it....

Comment

• Mike ,

Did you find an aluminum dush shield for the 400 yet ? I can see if I can come up with one if not .

Oh, looks good by the way ! see this week end

Comment

• no, repaired my metal one sarge. didn't even take it off (cuz it's a royal ***** to get to without removing lower links, etc). I think it will be fine. Hopefully a fluke that it got hit.

I can see a spot where whatever dented it slid across the oil pan first, so at some point when i have the lowers off, might just make a removable skid plate that covers both the pan and the trans shield.

And no weight yet. Might hit the scales on teh way to gravelrama. Tried to borrow my buddy's longacres, but they are only rated at 1000 per corner, so i know that won't be enough. Stay tuned.

Comment

• did it make it to harlan this weekend?
            zuk buggy.....it'll be a jeep eventually.

Comment

• Nope... i don't own a trailer. I have to beg to use one... and it wasn't available. Didn't matter, I doubt i would have made it. Bummed cuz i was gonna hang with Kirby and the Tim Cameron crew.... missed out big i guess.

Comment

• yeah, i wanted to go to, kirby has invite me the last couple of times he's gone, always something going on though. i'm looking forward to getting ot wheel with them down there.
                zuk buggy.....it'll be a jeep eventually.

Comment

• my next trip will probably be fall crawl. schedule is pretty full right now with max's 1st birthday coming up and stuff...

Comment

• Originally posted by carwash View Post
                    Nope... i don't own a trailer. I have to beg to use one... and it wasn't available. Didn't matter, I doubt i would have made it. Bummed cuz i was gonna hang with Kirby and the Tim Cameron crew.... missed out big i guess.
                    If it will fit you can use mine. Brakes dont work. Havent had time to mess with them. Deck isnt in the best of shape either but all the lights do work...........
                    91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

• Thanks tony!

Comment

• Like the rig! Thinking about putting pane on my heep. I know you haven't gotten to wheel it much but how much pane do you think it will use? Just wondering how many tanks I should be looking for! Thanks

Comment

• should use roughly about the same amount of pane as gasoline, give about 10%. So, i have 16 gallons of pane on board, so about the same as having a 15 gallon gasoline tank... Should be able to do a full day of trail running on that... will fine out in a few weeks for sure.

Comment

• Ok thanks that doesnt sound to bad then. I guess I need to find at least 4 tanks to be safe then. You have any leads on where to buy them at?

Comment

• If you want the fancy clear one, call Denver Propane and ask for Duke.

I have seen aluminum ones come across craigslist from time to time.

Comment

• Ok thanks I will have to look around and see if I can find a few.

Comment

Working...
                                X