Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carwash Crawler - Build Thread... again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• still, no 5/8 oring to -6AN JIC there.

Comment

• Looks great, you might just make it EJS 2010.

Comment

• Need one custom machined? Tried aeroquip off of 747 and port union in west chester ohio?
        sigpic

Comment

• i have finally sourced everything i need. I just adapted it up to a -8 from the -6. 5/8 oring doesnt seem to exist anywhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bear Chow View Post
            Looks great, you might just make it EJS 2010.
            yeah, shame i wont be able to afford to go...

Comment

• Looks awsome! and I'm glad I'm not the only one taking forever to finish their buggy lol

Comment

• mine has gone beyond taking forever... it's down right ridiculous.

Comment

• ok... trying to button this thing down. for those of you that haven't seen my other thread, i'm having some propane delivery issues i believe, can't get it to run well, idle, etc.

So, first thing on the list was to get my cooling set up well, so that i can keep the motor and evaporator cool enough to mess with it long enough to try and tune it.

If you recall, i was very worried about my top radiator hose and it clearing my alt pulley. Last night i spent about an hour and a half at the local AZ, with some bent coat hangers, trying to source some hoses for my top and bottom. I was successful, and the **** looks like it was made for the rig... so that's good.

Got the throttle linkage and accelerator pedal installed, rear lights wired and loomed to the front, all the rest of wiring parts are ordered from seabass, even filled the damn diffs!

Goal is to make it to the benefit on August 8th, doable i think. But it's me we are talking about here... so don't count on it.

Need to get propane squared away, bleed steering, bleed brakes, finish wiring, exhaust. Cross your fingers.

Comment

• Where is the other thread with the propane problem?or whats the problem?

Comment

• ah that thread is on pirate...

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=804097

are you a propane guru? if so, please come over.

Comment

• Not a guru, but I got a 99 vortec run on a pieced together propane set up. I had trouble starting mine the first time because the throttle plate was closed too much and wouldn't let enough vacume through to suck in the propane. I opened it up just alittle and VROOOM VROOM! You might try that, and if its a used set up it could have a dried out diaphram...

Comment

• the setup is freshly rebuilt (supposedly). Got it from Roy, out of canada, GotPropane.

I can't figure it out. Today i go out, fired it up, it runs great, damn near idles. I shut it down, and can't get it to restart, barely even chokes. I open the flies all the way up to clean it out, and it farts a little, then thats it.

It's like the longer it sits, the better it does. Almost like its getting too much pane or something. I need a propane genius to pay me a visit.

Comment

• Have you tried a diffrent tank? Sounds funny, but mine would start real hard with a certain tank, then when I switched it'd start easy again. And thats all I got, good luck!

Comment

• ive tried 4 different tanks... as i had a fear that propane might be bad... it doesn't go bad i later found out.

Comment

• double check your solinoid is working and maybe pull the top of the carb off and clean the rubber piece ontop. Then check the nob under the bowl to see if on lean or rich. There is only 3 setting on mine. Other than that, it's pretty strait forward, timing maybe?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X