Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carwash Crawler - Build Thread... again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is your regulator icing up???
    Check for a rats nest from sitting to long.
    http://www.impco-beru.nl/IMPCO%20Training%20Manual.pdf
    Last edited by tinbeater; 07-22-2009, 10:41 PM.

Comment

• Just read through the pirate thread again. You said the longer it sits the easier it seems to try to start, and that only the front 4 cyl seem to be firing. That sounds like you aren't getting enough fuel. Have you checked for vacume leaks? From what I understand a propane system works on pressure from the tank, and vacume from the motor. If the tank is full it has pressure. If there is a leak it might not have enough vacume to open the lock off valve all the way, or even open the diaphram in the mixer.

Comment

• The reg is not icing up, not letting it run that long. All parts have had a fresh rebuild on them... supposedly...

you coming down sunday to chase my gremlins away?

Comment

• It hits on all 8 now. I don't know where i would have a vacuum leak from, everything is plugged or being used... i hate this ****.

Comment

• Originally posted by carwash View Post
            The reg is not icing up, not letting it run that long. All parts have had a fresh rebuild on them... supposedly...

you coming down sunday to chase my gremlins away?
            I will be down Sunday.
            Hey Mike. Check out the link I posted on my last post. It help me out alot when I tuned my setup.

Comment

• ok... my mixer is an ohg tho... no differences really?

Comment

• wiring sucks... that is all for now.

Comment

• so is it running fine yet, i just got all my propane lined out, THE ****S GREAT!!!
                  sigpicI EAT BURRITOS ON EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Your rig is sickening Mike. Nice work as always!
                    sigpic

Keep them on all 4's

Comment

• kinda running, not out of the shop yet tho. still finishing up wiring, etc... and have this damn propane issue i'm trying to figure out...

details of it in this pirate thread...

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=804097

Thanks Jeff, can't wait to hit the trails with you again.

Comment

• Rig is coming along, dealing with a propane gremlin. Figured one out and still chasing another. First one was simple, had to route my heater hoses differently. Had the hoses both pushing into the regulator. hard to get flow that way.

So, DO NOT do it like this:

Do it like this:

The whole propane issue can be followed here if yer interested at all or have any input. My next step is to tear into the mixer, look for any issue.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=804097

Got my wiring all buttoned down, and except for replacing one bulb in a gauge, it's 100% and i can put my side panels on. Props to seabass, the man rules and saved me an extra week of work im sure...

Coming right along, put some more nitrogen in the shocks, get exhaust done, finish my propane suckiness, and that should just about do it.

I actually drove it in the other night, 2 feet forward and 2 feet in reverse, just to make sure the trans and tcase actually worked... it was exhilarating to say the least!

Comment

• Hows the hydro steer?
                          Last edited by fabricator; 07-30-2009, 11:05 PM.
                          For you guys who can't drive, I have owned a frame rack for several years. Prices are based on your skill and ability to wreck it....

Comment

• You felt it, in fact you were the first to turn the wheels since the bleeding. I can steer it with half a finger, it's amazing.

Comment

• I don't want to rain on your parade but make sure that you put some dielectric grease on all of your connections. I will suck to work on electrically but it may help connection issues later down the road.

But your rig looks great!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Yea, make sure you put some "boat" on the connections........
                                For you guys who can't drive, I have owned a frame rack for several years. Prices are based on your skill and ability to wreck it....

Comment

Working...
                                X