Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carwash Crawler - Build Thread... again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These shots look good, almost like it's ready to go somewhere. Paint work done...

Switch panel arrived, from 12voltguy of course. It is a pretty thing. the backside looks like i might need to attend a year of electricians school to figure it out... Lets hope it's easier than it looks... very intimidating.

Got rear limit straps done. Had to shave the top of one side of my link mounts for the straps to work. when tightened it was puting the webbing right against metal. wouldnt last long that way. Still have to do the fronts.

Got my list made for all my steering hose parts, just need to get it all. Gonna use reusable fittings, for ease of trail repair if necessary.

So, steering, trans lines, wiring, exhaust, propane feed... that might be it.

Comment

• I like the resetable breakers and the indicator lights on the switch panel.
      91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

• seabass does good work.

Comment

• bet that was cheap
          lets see the back
          For you guys who can't drive, I have owned a frame rack for several years. Prices are based on your skill and ability to wreck it....

Comment

• Originally posted by carwash View Post
            seabass does good work.
            Looks to me like Carwash does also.
            sigpic1950 CJ3A. Oddfire 225 V6, T-86 transmission, Dana 18 transfer case, 4 wheel disc brakes, locked front and rear. Manual saginaw steering. Warn winch, 9,000#.

Comment

• Lookin good Wash.

Comment

• you guys are too kind.

I will get a shot of the back for ya rob.

Comment

• Looking good Carwash!!!!.... what will only be another year or so before its on the trail.... JFWY
                  Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it,
                  But only you can feel the true warmth.

Comment

• Been following the build, Looks awesome. Needs a nice Buckeyes logo on the side!:) (Hope that doesn't offend you)
                    1994 YJ, 4.0, 5 speed.

*2006 Dodge 2500 Cummins, 4x4 Auto,Quad cab, LongBed, Tekonsha Prodigy(Tow Rig)

Comment

• awe inspiring. id like to live in your shop.
                      my next rig will be on the trail before zuk 2.0 will

Comment

• I suggested the Buckeyes theme a year or so back... Mike was less than enthused...

I have to say if I had the ability and the coin this is the exact rig I would build. Big diffs, big motor, big Boggers and low C.O.G.... once again , nice job Mike.

Comment

• Originally posted by yellowjacket View Post
                          awe inspiring. id like to live in your shop.
                          Ha, your shop is nicer than mine!! what are you even talking about?!

Yeah, I'm not a college football fan, and if i was, i would make it Crimson Tide themed anyway, everybody and their brother is an Ohio State fan. Damn near as bad as these retarded UK fans we have down here...

Can't it just be red and gray?

Comment

• Originally posted by carwash View Post

Can't it just be red and gray?

Didn't you mean Red and GAY!!!???

if i am not currently offending you, i will be shortly.

Comment

• Cut the dash out today for the switch panel... stressful, as there is about an asshair of room for error. The switches and crap on the backside go damn near all the way to the edge. So i had to cut a hole, yet somehow still leave some meat on the dash for the holes to hold the damn thing in. Measure 90 times, cut 90 times... a little at a time.

Anyways, its in, and looks mighty fine i might add, with the rest of my dash goodies..

Got the front towers cut for limit straps as well. Buttoning some more panels down with the final hardware, must say the stainless button head allens are sweet. Makes the hex heads i had on there look awful.

I have spent the last week sourcing fittings for my hydraulic steering hoses, it has been an absolute nightmare. Any of you fitting gurus out there... find me a 5/8 oring to -6 AN fitting... The only 5/8 i can find is that british standard ****, and its 14 TPI, that don't work. This is standard 5/8 fine thread... odd bird. Parker hose guy was baffled...

Anyways... coming along. Slow, but coming.

Comment

• Here is where I found my fittings.
                                https://www.surpluscenter.com/sort.a...c&keyword=HFJO
                                91 Ranger ext cab, 60, 14 bolt, 4:88's, 39.5's, doubler, lot's of character

Comment

Working...
                                X