Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carwash Crawler - Build Thread... again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fabricator View Post
    Yea, make sure you put some "boat" on the connections........

X2.

Comment

• yes, lots of boat, indeed.

Comment

• Well, I'm down to buttoning up all the loose ends. Still have my propane issue, but i'm closer to solving it...

For the most part the rig is done, need to get exhaust, which will happen on weds or thurs this week. I will have a crossover pipe to the driver side, then 3 inch all the way back. going to have a hard time fitting any kind of muffler in there, wish me luck.

All fluids are finalized, and i have driven it around the yard and house about a half hour, waiting for something to rattle off or blow up or break. Rather it happen there, for sure.

I think I'm going to regret not putting in a sway bar at build time, cuz i'm pretty sure im gonna be adding one. ***** has got some insane scary body roll... thank god for my silly amount of unsprung weight.

I believe the rig was named today... I'm not big on naming my rigs, but it does make it easier to refer to them i guess. I never named this one, as you hate to have it not live up to a name, etc... Besides, the damn thing took so long to build, i probably would have forgotten the name years ago...

Anyway, i posted a pic of bogger tracks on my concrete, as proof of it having left the shop under its own power. Of course everyone cried bull****, etc. And YJnate says that the rig is kinda like The Yeti. Everyone talks about it, but not many have ever seen it in person. Some have caught a glimpse of it, or seen proof of it, like a track or something, etc. The Yeti is also thought to be big, cumbersome, huge feet, i'm sure it smells, etc...

So, that describes this rig perfectly at this point... So from this point on, it will be The Yeti.

Anybody wanna go wheeling?

Comment

• now the big question ....... is it going to be in Trenton on Sat. ????? we have no Yeti laws to my knowledge

Comment

• Originally posted by sarge View Post
            now the big question ....... is it going to be in Trenton on Sat. ?????
            x2 will it???
            I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

• Here is the most recent siting, or proof of existence...

Trenton in Saturday? What's going on in Trenton on Saturday? Big yard sale or something?

Comment

• I bet that was a ***** to push......
                For you guys who can't drive, I have owned a frame rack for several years. Prices are based on your skill and ability to wreck it....

Comment

• Rob you have a pm
                  I got a jeep

Comment

• Originally posted by fabricator View Post
                    I bet that was a ***** to push......
                    hilarious
                    I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

• Will it fit on the trailer? Do you remember how to wheel? Wondering since it has been 3 years or so since you have wheeled if you are able anymore. If the radical rockwelled big block buggy makes it to the benifit I will promise not to run over it! :p
                      sigpic

Comment

• Of course it fits on the trailer, and it has only been a year since i wheeled. Been longer since i wheeled a slow moving rig... so will take some getting used to again im sure.

And thanks so much for not running over it, yer retarded.

Comment

• Holy Chit!!!! Out of the shop, and posing for it's beauty shots... rig is done, minus my propane issue and exhaust, which it was dropped off for tonight...

Loaded it on the trailer tonight, and was surprised to find that i actually had room on both sides of the trailer. I figured it was gonna be hanging off... Hell this makes it more narrow than my last rig on 1 tons. Sweet.

When it gets back here, i have to fine tune my air shocks, as you can see in the shots above, it's sitting a little low in the rear. As it sits right now, i have about 3 inches of up travel in the front and 4 inches up in the rear.

I want to keep it as low as i can, but still want to have some up travel. what is the best number you think. they are 18" travel...

Comment

• Looks great good job
                            I got a jeep

Comment

• That looks kick ass!!! When we wheelin?
                              sigpic

Comment

• Looks awesome!

PS nice concrete patio

Comment

Working...
                                X