Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carwash Crawler - Build Thread... again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm glad someone else knows my Hood Pin pain. Yes the floor took about 2 years, hahhah. I wanted the whole floor in 1/8 and firewall in 1/4 for protection. Lots of driveshaft parts etc, i'd rather not have as a part of my ass or back of my legs... peace of mind i guess.

Sarge, i plan on jumping around quite a bit, to keep the warpage to a minimum. I will make sure i don't miss any, don't worry. You can come down and do a once over on it for me.

Comment

• I'll pass on that hahahaha , I can hear it know ! " Yea that missed one there was on Sarges side !! "

Comment

• i saw this rig in person last night..it is totally sick....cant wait to see it on the trail...thanks again for the tubing mike will look u up 4 more when ready...
        S10 with a few air shocks..

Comment

• great to meet you Humpy, can't wait to wheel with you soon. thanks for the props on the rig as well... I'm too close to it now to even enjoy it anymore.

Comment

• Well, I'm about 3/4 done welding the chassis. Would be done, but had to pause to add some more bracing on the lower link mounts. It's funny, didn't think at all about them being weak until i had it all tore down and was looking at it.

Sucked, cuz i had to do some recalling and picture searching to see what kind of bracing i could put where. It's like 10 gallons of **** in a 5 gallon bucket under there. Can't imagine building a smaller narrower rig.... where does everything go?

Here are some shots of it before i started welding it, i thought it looked pretty cool. Also, i wish i had finish welded some parts of it before moving on, as there are quite a few spots that are really hard to get to know... Some of my welds are starting to look mediocre as well, pusing 4-6 hours at a time probably isnt smart.

And it's bizzarre how much more space a rig takes up when it is disassembled. I can't even move inside the shop now.

And here are a couple shots of of the extra bracing i put on the link mounts. I hope it holds, it's about the best i can do with the space i am given. the front only has the vertical brace on one side, as the other side has the pillow block mount. Cross your fingers.

Should be done welding this week, and possibly in paint as early as next weekend. having it done electrostatic...

Comment

• Originally posted by carwash View Post
              Also, i wish i had finish welded some parts of it before moving on...
              I believe I will do more of that... for that reason... didn't I say some thing to that effect in '06?

I think it looks like **** CW... you're right, mediocre welds, design weaknesses, give it to me and you can start fresh...

<wipes drool from chin and keyboard.>

Seriously... sexy.
              Last edited by KargoMaster; 11-15-2008, 11:58 PM.
              brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
              Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by KargoMaster View Post
                I believe I will do more of that... for that reason... didn't I say some thing to that effect in '06?

I think it looks like **** CW... you're right, mediocre welds, design weaknesses, give it to me and you can start fresh...

<wipes drool from chin and keyboard.>

Seriously... sexy.
                LOL GOOD ****!
                sigpicI EAT BURRITOS ON EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Top side all welded, flipped for the bottom side welds. This REALLY sucks to do by yourself. Damn thing is heavy as hell, surprise surprise....

Anyway, check out my mad flex! Ha. I think it looks like a space ship when it's upside down, or maybe a coleworx chassis...

My painter comes next Monday... doing Electrostatic Paint. Pretty cool, he comes to me, no overspray, etc. And as cheap as i could do it myself. I have about 12 hours of welding left probably.

Comment

• Looking good!

Comment

• Cole Worx ........ What ever Biatch ! dream on ....

Just rubb'n ya ! looks good Mike .

I have a suggestion , Why dont you just do a one color paint and then have a wrap made . Makes trail scars so much easier to cover up .

Comment

• cuz chicks dig trail scars... what do you care anyway, you don't even wheel anymore fag.

i have thought of that idea tho, just doing my panels in a plain red, then getting decals to apply. But i thought it would be cool to do the multi step process, just to do it. Thing is tho, then i'm stuck with the paint job.

Comment

• Needs more triangulation!

Ha, couldn't resist. Damn, there is more tubing than a NASCAR chassis.

Comment

• hell yeah, cuz i plan on balling it up in turn 3...

Comment

• how many feet of tubing u think u have in it all together, i guess 600?
                              sigpicI EAT BURRITOS ON EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• So when do we find out the guess the weight winner?
                                91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X