Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carwash Crawler - Build Thread... again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CFD5 View Post
    Talking about the Blown 502 on the test stand? That one's mine, it's in my boat. 502, B&M 420, Worked heads. Hell of a motor. ITLLFLI has a crazy 540 in his boat, and a 588 just in case.

I watched all of the videos on youtube of you guys and I have to say Damn ... you burned more fuel in those video clips then I burn on a long weekend at the lake but then again .... if I didn't have the kiddies ..........

Comment

• That was a fun weekend, this years Lake Cumberland Poker run. Byrons brother and I have the same boat. Both blown 502's, 25 Powerplay's. Pretty rare boat, only two I/O's that I know of. Maybe only a handfull of them built. Blew the outdrive the last day heading back to the dock so that weekend turned into an expensive one. That was the "break-in" weekend for my motor so we were "taking it easy"
      Carwash's 454 is a very stout motor, should be plenty of Tq for him.

Comment

• I will be at the Poker run this year ( if they have it :mad: ) My nieghbor has a new Baja 232 . We're just going to party not race .

Comment

• Originally posted by CFD5 View Post
          Can I borrow the plans you used on this build?
          plans? ha... he says plans.

pater, post a pic of your previous abortion on wheels so he can see what a "truggy" really looks like... or even better, a pic of the one we wheeled with at harlan, that had the hood for the roof...

Comment

• Originally posted by carwash View Post
            plans? ha... he says plans.

pater, post a pic of your previous abortion on wheor even better, a pic of the one we wheeled with at harlan, that had the hood for the roof...
            this one?
            Attached Files
            For you guys who can't drive, I have owned a frame rack for several years. Prices are based on your skill and ability to wreck it....

Comment

• thank you Rob. Now Tim... That is a truggy.

Comment

• The hood is under the left tire...
                For you guys who can't drive, I have owned a frame rack for several years. Prices are based on your skill and ability to wreck it....

Comment

• ah i thought he repurposed the hood for the roof... i see it now.

Comment

• Originally posted by fabricator View Post
                    this one?
                    Dude, I knew I shouldn't have gotten rid of my old 78 cherokee. It could have looked almost that good
                    1988 Suzuki Samurai on propane
                    FJ 40 axles (4.10)
                    5.14 tcase
                    36" TSL SX

Comment

• Originally posted by Hope Springs Hauler View Post
                      Dude, I knew I shouldn't have gotten rid of my old 78 Cherokee. It could have looked almost that good
                      Cherokee, hell im pretty sure a few years ago we ran into him it still had a ford hood and grill and that piece on top is the roof fastened 2 the cage. im almost positive its a 78 ford full size:confused:
                      sigpicI EAT BURRITOS ON EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• I had a cherokee that was rusted to hell. I could have done this with it:p

I decided that it was time to get rid of it when I had to shoot my way out of it, literally.

Originally posted by cheapthrills49 View Post
                        Cherokee, hell im pretty sure a few years ago we ran into him it still had a ford hood and grill and that piece on top is the roof fastened 2 the cage. im almost positive its a 78 ford full size:confused:
                        1988 Suzuki Samurai on propane
                        FJ 40 axles (4.10)
                        5.14 tcase
                        36" TSL SX

Comment

• Motor is in... slipped in there like that greased octopus from that video i saw a few months ago...

Byron and the crew came down last night and we tossed it in there, after installing a stud kit and my HS roller rockers. With motor in, i have just enough room for an air cleaner (once i find one that will work for me...) under the closed hood. Sweet, as that was a big worry.

Here are some shots out of the rig and into the chassis, with headers and all... didn't get to finish dressing it with the rest of the junk.... more pics to come later.

Those rockers are pretty. Only reason i got them is cuz they are orange... jk. Byron did his magic adjusting the valves, i'm sure it will purr.

dropped in and bolting it up...

In and with headers and covers on... Makes me all giddy.

Now i got LOTS of little **** to do.

Comment

• You are so gonna run out of fuel in Harlan.
                            looks good....

Comment

• yes, and you will be running back to camp to get me some tanks... i hope.

i will switch to gasoline if i have to i guess at some point, but i think they will last good enough.

Comment

• Looks good, Not bad if you like wearing bowties. A 440 would drop right in there.

Later,
                                90' Jeep XJ Buggy - 5.5 custom lift, 33" TSL's, locked
                                01' Softail
                                01' Dodge Ram Cummins 3500 4X4
                                71' Dodge Challenger

Shane

Comment

Working...
                                X