Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carwash Crawler - Build Thread... again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bowties are less painful on the wallet, that's for sure.

Comment

• Without a doubt. You're right about that.

Mopar prices are threw the roof.
      90' Jeep XJ Buggy - 5.5 custom lift, 33" TSL's, locked
      01' Softail
      01' Dodge Ram Cummins 3500 4X4
      71' Dodge Challenger

Shane

Comment

• Looking good.... Like I said last page...

Originally posted by KargoMaster View Post
        I'll def. be down in Feb... :o
        brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
        Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

• here's something to look at :

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsea...27703&D=327703

Comment

• that's exactly what i'm looking for Sarge, but in a plastic, and less than $100. ugh. I know there has to be some stock applications where i can junkyard find something.

Comment

• Originally posted by carwash View Post
              that's exactly what i'm looking for Sarge, but in a plastic, and less than $100. ugh. I know there has to be some stock applications where i can junkyard find something.
              How big does it have to be? I have a plastic one sitting here with about 3" inlet,and its probably 3.5" where it bolts to the carb/throttle body, and its about 2" tall. I'll run out and measure it in a min to get the real numbers, but if it'll work you can have it

Comment

• Originally posted by carwash View Post
                that's exactly what i'm looking for Sarge, but in a plastic, and less than $100. ugh. I know there has to be some stock applications where i can junkyard find something.
                AAAAHHHH I see , build fully custom buggy on a super budget and buck on a $100 air hat

If I get down to the yard I'll see what I can find.

Comment

• Thanks Nuts!!!

Sarge, i have used all the money. It's gone. the rest of this build is on a tight budget.

Comment

• I figured that ..... I just saw a chance to jerk your chain a little

Comment

• Build one ... I've got a small sheet of 6061-T6 Alu. sheet that I'll donate.

If I had a tig welder and welding ability and a rig like this a sweet little fab'd air box would finish the engine bay off nicely.

Jeff

Comment

• ha, well my tig skills are getting quite a bit better, but man, aluminum has a mind of its own. I'm not ready to make my own intake yet, and i really don't want to spend a whole weekend doing it.

Thanks for the offer on the sheet, but i know i can find something ready to run that will work. By the way, see you in a little while... haha.

Comment

• Once I found it I remembered why I didn't use it. It came off a Van so the the intake points straight up. If you have low hood clearance its not going to work,sorry for getting your hopes up...

Comment

• Thanks for the effort anyway man!

Comment

• man, it's getting close. brad and i worked on it for about 12 hours last weekend. got a ton of stuff nailed down. There is an ass load of small stuff at this point. Took us about 3 hours of suspension cycling to measure for limit straps, etc.

Brake pedals in, propane parts mounted, trans shield in (had to redrill all the holes and use thru bolts, this was *****, since it's already installed), rear floors in, rear seat in, rear interior side panels on, front suspension adjusted, damn, wheels/tires back on, converted yokes back on the STAK, driveshafts in, pillow block mounted. Im sure im forgetting about 100 things we did...

Amazing how fast a day goes. No pics, cuz nothing really looks any different yet.

Comment

• most of the build at this point is aggravating... everything seems to take 10 times longer than i plan, and at the end of the day i feel like i have done nothing...

Anyway, got a lot of the interior panels in so i can start putting in dependent items, etc. Mocking up dash with cardboard, i'd leave it cardboard if we didnt live in a wet climate, ha!

Shot of some of the passenger interior panels as well as the triple stak boot. This boot mount was a *****, as it likes ti have the shifter linkage sitting lower than this. Took some massaging to make it work.

Couple overall shots of the rig as it sits right now. Getting there, still hundreds o miles to go tho. If you've ever wondered why turnkey rigs cost so much... it's in the small stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X