Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carwash Crawler - Build Thread... again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those tires dry rotted yet? You have the body panels completed for it already correct? I like the angled guages! Wheres the radio going?
    sigpic

Comment

• yeah, the original tires fell apart, had to buy new ones, asshole. all panels are finished, need to DA with 400 then paint. Angled gauges are nice. Funny how fast u run out of dash space. 12.5" wide switch panel doesnt help i guess.

Comment

• Looks nice CW... Pics never do this rig justice though.

That's more guages than I thought you would run, but glad to see them....
        RPM, oil pressure, water temp, trans temp, volts... What's #5?
        You order your switch panel yet? Custom or one of the standard ones?

I can't wait 'till you fire this thing up...
        brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
        Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by KargoMaster View Post
          Looks nice CW... Pics never do this rig justice though.

That's more guages than I thought you would run, but glad to see them....
          RPM, oil pressure, water temp, trans temp, volts... What's #5?
          You order your switch panel yet? Custom or one of the standard ones?

I can't wait 'till you fire this thing up...
          The 5th guage is a clock I bet.
          sigpic

Comment

• yota crawl...?
            April ?
            3 hour drive.
            For you guys who can't drive, I have owned a frame rack for several years. Prices are based on your skill and ability to wreck it....

Comment

• Originally posted by 94Dodge Truggy View Post
              The 5th guage is a clock I bet.
              Trans temp,or line pressure are my guesses.

Comment

• 5th one? You named 5. Tach, Oil pressure, Water Temp, Trans Temp, Volts.

Yes, ordered custom panel from Seabass... should be here in a couple weeks.

More pics later.

Comment

• Ha, I did, didn't I... ahh well... goes along with the rest of my day.

Call me when you're gonna be working on it.
                  brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
                  Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

• Working on it now whenever i can find a spare minute. Gotta get it done, it's killing me.

Finished the dash tonight, in aluminum of course. Decided the cardboard wouldn't hold up very well. Well, it's done except for the switch panel from Seabass. The white block represents where it will live... 12.5x3.5". Can't wait to see it.

Left ball valve will be front brake lock out, and the right one will be the rear. The look kinda primitive i guess, but they will get the job done, and don't have the drawbacks of the other lockouts i researched.

Closer shots of the ball-valve setups. They are simple Lance valves. I got them thru Afco, but they could be had at a lot of supply places im sure. They are stainless, etc, rated for high pressure hydraulics, not just water, etc.

I'm running the plastic race car line setup, as least temporarily for now. If nothing else it will be good for knowing how long to get my high dollar aeroquip lines made. Every bit of my brake system is 1/8 npt fittings, masters cylinders, all compression fittings, calipers, ball valves. Everything except my brake light switch, it has inverted flare. So i either need to find adapters or find a different brake light switch.

Got my valve covers bolted down finally, making me able to install the three braces in the engine compartment and start routing all of my hoses. So much little crap, ugh.

Comment

• I stole your idea and got the plastic lines too. For 30 bucks and a 10 minute plumbing job it was worth a try

Comment

• yeah, crossing my fingers... if they work for racecars, should work for us...

there are a few threads on pirate tho that argue otherwise.

Comment

• Originally posted by carwash View Post
                          yeah, crossing my fingers... if they work for racecars, should work for us...

there are a few threads on pirate tho that argue otherwise.
                          why wouldnt they? are they dot approved? ive always wondered about plastic brake lines with shark bite fittings, or compression fittings like schedule 40.
                          http://springfieldohiojeepers.freeforums.org/index.php

Comment

• legally, not sure. I know they are not as strong as a steel line, that's for sure. Compression fittings for hydraulic brake systems on commercial vehicles are not allowed.

I have heard of a few people that have broke a line during a panic 2 footed stop, etc. So, i'm not entirely sold on them, but i am using them for now.

Let me find the threads on pirate... i think i may have even started one...

Comment

• http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showt...=plastic+brake

Comment

• and another...

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showt...=plastic+brake

Comment

Working...
                                X